S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Vintage Membership and Posting Rules

Old 07-21-2019, 03:22 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnsfolly
Maybe this is the room for me?
I'm getting old. Noticed it about a year and a half ago.
My wife suggested I sell my vintage racing MG and take up knitting or gardening.
--John
Welcome John. Vintage racing MG. (hum, hum). Lives in Michigan (hum, hum). Likes the S2000. (hum, hum). Ok, you passed the test by meeting all three of my requirements.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I love how it talks about broadband. I kinda doubt the whole prevint thing caught on though, let's be real. If anything I denounce that title just a Honda Vet, not quite 40 lol.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 year old retired Mainer

I am a 67 year old retired Mainer that is loving my 2005 S2000. The first one I owned was a 2003. Now I have plenty of time to drive this beautiful vehicle. It is like driving an adult size go cart.

Looking forward to great S2000 discussions.

Don
Old 10-07-2019, 04:32 PM

I'd like to know your opinion on the difference since the 03 revs to the full 9k rpm. I'm sure it was an upgrade with nicer interior and that with it being newer and it being your second so the whole experience feels nicer, but aside from that.

Originally Posted by Don Powers
I am a 67 year old retired Mainer that is loving my 2005 S2000. The first one I owned was a 2003. Now I have plenty of time to drive this beautiful vehicle. It is like driving an adult size go cart.

Don
Old 10-07-2019, 05:42 PM

Default 2003 vs 2005

Originally Posted by bradyn
I'd like to know your opinion on the difference since the 03 revs to the full 9k rpm. I'm sure it was an upgrade with nicer interior and that with it being newer and it being your second so the whole experience feels nicer, but aside from that.
Ok so the thing that I noticed right away....I really liked the suspension and ride of the AP2 as opposed to the AP1. It was not as stiff and I couldn’t feel the road as much. As far as the difference in the revs are concerned....as mentioned I am 67 and still like to get on it a bit but for the most part I drive quite conservatively and will only kick it in the ass once or twice during a ride. I like having the torque in the lower gears as I feel like I do not have to shift as much to keep it in the proper gear. Overall I like the AP2 more than the AP1.....but I loved the 03 too!

The guy guy that I bought this from took unbelievable care of it and frankly I did not notice and difference in the interior. Actually both of the cars are/were blue and the 05 interior is practically brand new. Even the drivers seat has minimal wear from him getting in and out. I would venture to say that no one sat in the passengers side it is perfect.

Don
Old 10-07-2019, 06:05 PM

I've only driven the ap1 and I'm still in the market. I've considered an ap2 and I might be able to afford to drop the extra cash if my girls placement gets extended after december, but time will tell. I'm not even sure if I wanna because if the rpm differences and because with exhaust I want it to scream a bit more but im assuming when I find the right one I'll just know regardless.

Cheers.

Ok so the thing that I noticed right away....I really liked the suspension and ride of the AP2 as opposed to the AP1. It was not as stiff and I couldn’t feel the road as much. As far as the difference in the revs are concerned....as mentioned I am 67 and still like to get on it a bit but for the most part I drive quite conservatively and will only kick it in the ass once or twice during a ride. I like having the torque in the lower gears as I feel like I do not have to shift as much to keep it in the proper gear. Overall I like the AP2 more than the AP1.....but I loved the 03 too!

The guy guy that I bought this from took unbelievable care of it and frankly I did not notice and difference in the interior. Actually both of the cars are/were blue and the 05 interior is practically brand new. Even the drivers seat has minimal wear from him getting in and out. I would venture to say that no one sat in the passengers side it is perfect.

Don
Old 10-07-2019, 07:58 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Don
Welcome Don. I think you will find us an interesting group. Heck, sometimes we even talk about the S2000 but since many have owned their's for decades; not so much.... they just drive them.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:13 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

and welcome!!
Old 10-13-2019, 02:06 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

and some are just derelicts who sold their cars but are like guests at the end of the party who just won't go home....
Old 10-13-2019, 04:50 PM

I think you would be happy with the AP2 as well....it has plenty of power and will definitely gooooo when you want it to. When the Vtec kicks in at around 6200 rpm you will want to be holding on. It will fly....

Quick Reply: Vintage Membership and Posting Rules