S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Vintage Forum Weather Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 12:03 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

forecast is saying we may have some ugly weather in the next few days.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:28 PM

Received 4,248 Likes on 3,305 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
forecast is saying we may have some ugly weather in the next few days.
Yup. I'm in the jackpot, they are saying a spread of 6 to 24 inches, actually they just updated it to 18 to 28 inches possible in the highest elevations of southern Vt which is me. Winds up to 40 m.p.h. in addition to heavy wet snowfall of course equals power outages. I've got food, brewskis, and batteries and the truck just came and filled our fuel tank so bring it on.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:32 PM

Received 3,772 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
It is the worst. The only thing that almost kind of works is dirt/sand. They treated the roads in my neighborhood early this morning with a dirt/sand/gravel/salt mix. Best thing to do is stay inside if you can which is my plan.
I really hate it when I wake up and see a thick coating of ice on every surface of ground in our region. I always say to myself that people must just stay home when that happens, there is no possible way to get all ice treated / melted/ removed from every area affected. Inevitably I get to work and someone calls me to tell me how they fell down on a sidewalk or parking lot or porch, I just want to reach out and strangle them. Don't go outside when every surface is frozen !
Old 12-15-2022, 02:37 PM

I had the WRX out today on pure ice, with winter tires. It is very nice to drive in these conditions, very little wheel slip, and it even engine breaks nicely. It can still slide sideways if you overdo it, as my model sends 55% power to the rear wheels. You can get the rear end to push out if want, the other WRX models are 50-50 (which I would prefer). I love driving this car in winter, I left my Civic at home as it would have spun the front wheels all day long, still stable and safe but nothing like AWD in terms of traction.
The following users liked this post:
robb (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I really hate it when I wake up and see a thick coating of ice on every surface of ground in our region. I always say to myself that people must just stay home when that happens, there is no possible way to get all ice treated / melted/ removed from every area affected. In inevitably I get to work and someone calls me to tell me how they fell down on a sidewalk or parking lot or porch, I just want to reach out and strangle them. Don't go outside when every surface is frozen !
LOL I go through the same exact thing. I had a woman tell me that the edges of the parking lot were I work were icy and someone needs to salt them. Then when she left she told me her Mother's patio was icy and someone needs to take care of it because her mother set out a bird feeder and she likes to go outside and look at the birds. I wanted to tell her I will have maintenance take care of it, I'll have them go out and take down the bird feeder
Old 12-15-2022, 07:01 PM

LOL I go through the same exact thing. I had a woman tell me that the edges of the parking lot were I work were icy and someone needs to salt them. Then when she left she told me her Mother's patio was icy and someone needs to take care of it because her mother set out a bird feeder and she likes to go outside and look at the birds. I wanted to tell her I will have maintenance take care of it, I'll have them go out and take down the bird feeder
Yup, you need to save people from themselves these days Rob ! aargh.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:06 PM

Yup, you need to save people from themselves these days Rob ! aargh.
LOL I always wished those of us in customer service could have a day were we could say what we want to customers.
Since we are in the weather thread Joey is this weather bothering your leg?
Old 12-15-2022, 07:17 PM

LOL I always wished those of us in customer service could have a day were we could say what we want to customers.
Since we are in the weather thread Joey is this weather bothering your leg?
I always said that on my last day of work I will likely punch someone in the face, and swear profusely at people I really dislike. lol. Something I really haven't been allowed to do if i want to remain employed

Oddly enough my leg has never bothered me in terms of weather. I fully expected it to act up some day but it has not happened yet, very surprised but it has been 31 years or so. I do wear long johns all winter long , just because I like the warmth, but it may help with the leg ? I also like to wear fleece lined jeans and corduroy pants in winter.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:22 PM

I always said that on my last day of work I will likely punch someone in the face, and swear profusely at people I really dislike. lol

Oddly enough my leg has never bothered me in terms of weather. I fully expected it to act up some day but it has not happened yet, very surprised but it has been 31 years or so. I do wear long johns all winter long , just because I like the warmth, but it may help with the leg ? I also like to wear fleece lined jeans and corduroy pants in winter.
Mine normally doesn't either but it has been this week I think it is because this is a wetter rainier snow maybe plus I have been pushing it a lot this week.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:34 PM

Mine normally doesn't either but it has been this week I think it is because this is a wetter rainier snow maybe plus I have been pushing it a lot this week.
Try some of my suggestions to keep your legs warm. Long johns (thermal undies) really help, and I just like the feel of them by keeping my legs warm. Footwear can make a difference too.
The following users liked this post:
robb (12-15-2022)

Quick Reply: The Vintage Forum Weather Thread