S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Videos that you think are cool

Old 09-17-2010, 07:29 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene,Sep 16 2010, 07:36 PM
I have found the French to be quite to the contrary. They have always been extremely nice to Bea and I, since we try to speak a little French. French waiters are French waiters. They seem to treat everyone with disdain! On the other hand, I have seen some Americans act the epitome of the Ugly American, and they deserved to be treated badly. After all, we're in their country.
With your ugly American statement, as I have witnessed that first hand on several trips to Europe. I have always made an effort to learn the basic words in the language of the country that I am visiting. An I agree that even if you do not speak their language if you ask in their language "Do you speak English" it goes a LONG WAY to changing the experience that one has.

I had one trip to Prague where I was very embarrassed to be in a restaurant with an UGLY American at my table. She wanted mustard and did not even consider that she was the foreigner, not speaking their language. (Unlike Hispanic people here in the U.S.)

The other tip that I have for international travelers is looking for an the sticker on the window of a restaurant if they accept American Express. It has been my experience that it the establishment accepts the American Express card that chances are that they also have a menu in English.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by jukngene,Sep 17 2010, 05:41 PM
This video has probably already become viral, but in case you haven't seen it, take a look. What a way to earn a living!!! I actually became stressed as I watched it.
Since going through the "Confidence Course" during Basic Training after I was inducted into the U.S. Army back in 1970 and introduced to the psychological "height of fear" of thirty-four feet I have long been fascinated with the fear of height.

In theory, if one is not afraid at thirty-four feet any height over that height does not matter.

With that stated: If I bet you $100 to stand on top of a typical bar stool in a bar most everyone would take that bet. On the other hand place that bar stool on top of the 1786' tower in this video and assuming that there was a calm wind I would have very few takers on that bet. I find this fascinating as it is SO mental.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 PM

As David Hobbs, the commentator on Speed TV's Formula One coverage would say.

THIS takes "large attachments to do this job.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA2zxM7jL7s [/media]
Old 09-18-2010, 05:54 PM

One does not have to understand whatever language is being spoken in this video the policeman's laugh is universal.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:02 PM

Again as David Hobbs would state:

This takes "big attachments"
Old 09-19-2010, 07:22 PM

This video of the new 2011 Buick that GM is advertising as being "German Engineered" is somewhat of a hoot.

They start out referencing the old Nurburing circuit which it somewhat of the "Holy Grail" when it comes to measuring performance of cars. Then edit the video to runs of 140 MPH on the Autobahn which is pretty much straight line "top speed" performance. But then again, I don't imagine that too many of us "motor heads" drive Buicks so we are NOT their target market. It is the typical American driver that does the "great American Freeway Hang" (one wrist over the top of the wheel at the 12:00 position) sitting on their sofa at 70 MPH that they are targeting.

Why did they not show the Nurburing videos and comments?

Am I wrong here? What do you think?
Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 PM

Is this video a hoax or true?

What do you think?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:47 AM

Received 5,801 Likes on 3,420 Posts

Found the time to look at these vid's...

Matt, I see you got the story on the Paris Rendez-vous flick. I too loved this one and have been on many of the streets shown. What a let down to find out several years ago it wasn't real because it was so believable.

Block certainly knows how to chew up tires!

Changing the light bulb was awesome. Good find.

Loved the cop's laugh when the drunk tried drinking the tester.

As for the Buick at the Ring.... hey, it's still a Buick - best to keep it in a straight line.

And, finally Elec man. Too strange but appears true based on the tests done.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:47 AM

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

[QUOTE=Matt_in_VA,Aug 10 2010, 09:07 PM]I am amazed and disappointed that others do not have any videos that they would care to share?

Quick Reply: Videos that you think are cool