S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Videos that you think are cool

Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

[QUOTE=jukngene,Jan 19 2011, 09:07 PM] ^^^Matt, I had seen this video before, but I viewed it again in its entirety. You know, several times my vision seemed to cloud up a bit. Quite a touching story.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA,Jan 19 2011, 10:23 PM
Gene, You are one of the people that I had in mind when I stated that the aviation buffs would like it.

It is a very felt story. Especially the ending formation.

As P-51's are now considered to be the "new millionaires toy" I doubt that I will ever get to fly in one (as there are so few left). I guess that I need to start searching the web to see if I can pay to get a ride in one.

After all, I never thought that I would get "stick time" in a Big Stearman at one point. But I did back in 2004. I have to state that short of my first "solo" take off and landing in the Cessna 52 that I trained in that being the "pilot in command" in a Big Stearman is the best moment that I have experienced as a pilot.

P.S. Considering that you stated that you had seen this video before, I am slightly upset with you for not sharing it with me before. I it.
^^^Sorry I didn't share it. I get lots of aviation related e-mails from my flying buddies/websites, so I just never think to pass them along. I will in the future.

Also, if you have an extra $3,500, you can get an hour ride in a Mustang in Kissimmee, Florida. One of my pilot friends did that last February, and said it was the thrill of a lifetime. For the fee, you also get a pre-flight briefing and a video of the flight. This year he is going to get a flight in a T-6, which is considerably cheaper.

Here is their website: Stallion 51
Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by jukngene,Jan 20 2011, 08:38 AM
Also, if you have an extra $3,500, you can get an hour ride in a Mustang in Kissimmee, Florida. One of my pilot friends did that last February, and said it was the thrill of a lifetime. For the fee, you also get a pre-flight briefing and a video of the flight. This year he is going to get a flight in a T-6, which is considerably cheaper.

Here is their website: Stallion 51
Thanks. You do know that I would love to do that, and that I am NOT really upset with you.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 PM

I think that this time lapse VIDEO is pretty cool.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:12 PM

A bit of a history lesson for those of you that may not be familiar with the P-51 Mustang and the important role that it played in winning the war in Europe in WWII.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:11 PM

In this case I don't think that this VIDEO is all that cool, because like most of us I enjoy the driving experience.

Although, on boring roads like the New Jersey Turnpike which is so straight that there is a problem with people falling asleep on it, it may be a way to make some time for reading.

What do you think of cars that drive them selves ?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:16 PM

This guy has WAY too much free time on his hands. (what a nice problem to have these days). Check out this VIDEO of his "Incredible Basement".
Old 01-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Very neat! BIIIIIG basement.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:24 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,042 Likes on 2,686 Posts

awesome scenario and great music.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5NE1qsgdPg [/media]
Old 01-24-2011, 03:05 PM

Delivering game balls to the official before a football game isn’t normally a big deal. Oh, maybe some famous former player will get to come and wave to the crowd before he hands the ball to the head ref, but it doesn’t often get creative.

Except, that is, during last weekend’s intrastate showdown between Michigan and Michigan State in Ann Arbor. For that, UM officials decided to look to the skies.

That’s how, after a year in the planning stages, Sgt. Adam Sniffen of the 101st Airborne Division from Fort Campbell, Kentucky, jumped from a Cessna several thousand feet above Michigan Stadium and parachuted into the largest football stadium in the country. Aside from the football and an American flag, Sniffen was also sporting a head-mounted videocam that contained a tongue switch in his mouth that would take still photos. More importantly, it recorded every nuance and maneuver that went into making such an insane leap.

Most fascinating perhaps is the tipping point where you can actually start to hear 109,933 crazed fans screaming as this expert paratrooper — who hasn’t missed a target in more than 800 career jumps — comes in and sticks the landing at the 3-yard-line.

Watch this VIDEO

Quick Reply: Videos that you think are cool