S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Videos that you think are cool

Old 09-29-2010, 05:10 AM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

This video is very well done. I find it interesting that the beat is so common over decades of dance routines in the movies covered.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:14 AM

How much does a cloud weigh? NPR had an interesting report this morning about how much clouds weigh, working up to the weight of the water content of a hurricane.

I would recommend listening to the report as well as watching THIS ANIMATION
Old 09-30-2010, 04:08 PM

As this is the 50th anniversary of the debut of the Flintstone's this link should bring back some memories.

Did anyone else notice the logo on Google's search engine today?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzyIp_m5gkM [/media]
Old 10-01-2010, 03:04 AM

Received 5,801 Likes on 3,420 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA,Sep 29 2010, 09:10 AM
This video is very well done. I find it interesting that the beat is so common over decades of dance routines in the movies covered.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

This one is hard to describe.

Also hard to sit through.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yT48wiRue4 [/media]
Old 10-02-2010, 06:50 AM

Received 5,801 Likes on 3,420 Posts

OMG, now there's a reason to vote in Nov.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04,Oct 2 2010, 10:50 AM
OMG, now there's a reason to vote in Nov.
I wish that Jon Stewart, who is holding a rally in DC on 30 Oct would start preaching to vote every incumbent out of office. As in this election cycle the entire "House" and half of the Senate SHOULD be elected out of office the remaining few would wake up and pay attention and if not they will be be out in two years during the next cycle. That is the only way that things will change. WE NEED to CLEAN HOUSE and take our country back.

And NO, I am NOT a Tea Party voter. I AM an independent voter that believes in common sense. Therefore the C.O. should not have to worry about moving this to the political thread as neither party has any common sense but are beholden to special interest groups.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,161 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA,Oct 3 2010, 08:07 PM
I wish that Jon Stewart, who is holding a rally in DC on 30 Oct would start preaching to vote every incumbent out of office. As in this election cycle the entire "House" and half of the Senate SHOULD be elected out of office the remaining few would wake up and pay attention and if not they will be be out in two years during the next cycle. That is the only way that things will change. WE NEED to CLEAN HOUSE and take our country back.

And NO, I am NOT a Tea Party voter. I AM an independent voter that believes in common sense. Therefore the C.O. should not have to worry about moving this to the political thread as neither party has any common sense but are beholden to special interest groups.

Matt,

While I respect your intentions, please be very carefull of what you wish for. If every incumbent were to be voted out of office and that meant the entire House, you'd have a government stumbling around, not knowing what to do for quite some time. We've seen this happen here in Newark, NJ and other places. Whenever the incumbents have been swept out of office wholesale, it has taken quite some time for the government to get moving again. It has taken quite some time for the newly elected officials to figure out what to do.

Like you, I'd like to see all of the corrupt, self serving and ineffective politicians replaced, but there needs to remain some experienced people in office if for no other reason then to guide the government and help with the orientation of the newly elected officials.

While I agree that Jon Stewart should call for voting out every corrupt or ineffective politician, I think it would not be responsible for him or anyone to call for the defeat of an incumbent just because he/she is an incumbent.

I hope this doesn't result in this thread going into Politics. Not my intent. If that becomes necessary, just delete this post instead.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,Oct 3 2010, 09:25 PM
Matt,

While I respect your intentions, please be very carefull of what you wish for. If every incumbent were to be voted out of office and that meant the entire House, you'd have a government stumbling around, not knowing what to do for quite some time. We've seen this happen here in Newark, NJ and other places. Whenever the incumbents have been swept out of office wholesale, it has taken quite some time for the government to get moving again. It has taken quite some time for the newly elected officials to figure out what to do.

Like you, I'd like to see all of the corrupt, self serving and ineffective politicians replaced, but there needs to remain some experienced people in office if for no other reason then to guide the government and help with the orientation of the newly elected officials.

While I agree that Jon Stewart should call for voting out every corrupt or ineffective politician, I think it would not be responsible for him or anyone to call for the defeat of an incumbent just because he/she is an incumbent.

I hope this doesn't result in this thread going into Politics. Not my intent. If that becomes necessary, just delete this post instead.
The Gentleman from New Jersey should note that I did state that this SHOULD (I hope) get the attention of the remaining off cycle Senators that would remain that are not up for re-election this year.

Perhaps you will call me idealistic or naive that if the entire House of Representatives (which is up for election) and half of the Senate got booted that the remaining Senators would take NOTICE that the majority (if that happened) of the American public is MAD as HELL and will put up with it any more.

My comments are not partisan. As I have stated before: One of the few things that I have ever agreed with Bill Clinton about was his comment that the "politicians in Washington care more about the process than the product". It is ALL BS and about special interest and not about what is best for the USA.

P.S. If the CO sees fit to delete this so be it. Go ahead and delete the entire thread. Unlike Arnold, I will NOT be back. I was not the one that brought up politics. It was a thread about cool videos that I thought people were enjoying with over 1200 views.

Quick Reply: Videos that you think are cool