S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Videos that you think are cool 2

Old 08-23-2013, 08:38 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

I grew up in a predominately Italian neighborhood in Queens, NYC so I consider myself somewhat of a "pizza snob" when it comes to pizza, especially NY style thin crust pizza. But a VIDEO showing a Texas place making a 42" pizza is over the top.

With two exceptions:

• I was impressed that they hand toss the dough (NY Style) but I think that they should have been wearing gauntlet gloves (to keep out the arm hair) instead of those little food service gloves.
  • I was NOT impressed that they use a conveyer oven instead of the tried and true "Baker's Pride" pizza oven.
I wonder how they came up with their menu pricing structure?

Old 08-25-2013, 05:00 PM

Received 3,223 Likes on 1,865 Posts

One Man Band

We went to a local place on the water (near the draw bridge Gene has sat upon) for a drink this afternoon. As it happened this guy was just starting to entertain. We stayed for his entire three hours. Beer was consumed and we had dinner there as well.

A one man band, drums, cymbal, harmonica, guitar. He did great impersonations of Ray Charles, Bob Dylan and more, even some hip hop. Such talent!!! Check out this video. There are more on his You Tube page too.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
One Man Band

We went to a local place on the water (near the draw bridge Gene has sat upon) for a drink this afternoon. As it happened this guy was just starting to entertain. We stayed for his entire three hours. Beer was consumed and we had dinner there as well.

A one man band, drums, cymbal, harmonica, guitar. He did great impersonations of Ray Charles, Bob Dylan and more, even some hip hop. Such talent!!! Check out this video. There are more on his You Tube page too.
Lainey, actually we waited on the approach to the draw bridge! Just wondering how much YOU consumed??? Anyway, he does seem very talented, though I could do without the hip-hop. Otherwise, I can see why you enjoyed the 3 hours there.

We visited some friends tonight who live on a lake and had an enjoyable evening with them, culminated by a nice boat ride. (I know, wrong thread)
Old 08-25-2013, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1377478832' post='22744387
One Man Band

Lainey, actually we waited on the approach to the draw bridge! Just wondering how much YOU consumed??? Anyway, he does seem very talented, though I could do without the hip-hop. Otherwise, I can see why you enjoyed the 3 hours there.

We visited some friends tonight who live on a lake and had an enjoyable evening with them, culminated by a nice boat ride. (I know, wrong thread)
He did very little hip hop with our crowd. We had the aforementioned Ray Charles, Bob Dylan and other music suited to the age of the patrons. No beer for me. I was once again the diet Coke Queen and designated driver.

We indulged in typical NE fare. Chowdah for me, along with crab cakes. Rick had fish and chips.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

^ I'd like me some good NE clam chowdah. Crab cakes & fish & chips, I can get here, FWIW.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:45 PM

The chowdah was a good one, in my opinion. Rich, but not too rich, and creamy but not too thick. I don't like the chowdah too thick.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 PM

Received 5,802 Likes on 3,420 Posts

Lainey.... sounds like you had a GOOD time.

This is the band we were rock'n to on the island a couple night ago. We've seen this all girl (but one) band before and the show is AWESOME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WAekj2SzX0
Old 08-26-2013, 04:49 AM

Cool music, Dave.

We did have a good time. We basically lost the day as we had to attend a kiddie birthday party for our grandson. It was too late to do much of anything so Rick suggested the restaurant/bar. It was a beautiful day and it felt like it had gone to waste. So we watched the boats, watched the bridge listed to music and had drinks and dinner.

Back to reality today.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:52 AM

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3KHu5NFHGs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUS88hq0aFn1Fhmu-41-74gw[/media]

Here's part of a video I took. My friend had to shorten it for me for email/FB posting. This was "take two" after the guy sitting near me told me I was not recording. Damn where is a seven year old when you need help with your iphone?

You can see the guy hit the cymbal with the drum stick in the glove of his hand, and his feet are going 100MPH on the drum kit. Too bad I didn't get one when he was also playing the harmonica.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

I think that this VIDEO. Is pretty cool

Quick Reply: Videos that you think are cool 2