S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Videos that you think are cool 2

Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
If there's a song in me - - it's not that one.
Dave, I am not sure if my translation of the "Pleasure of Love" is accurate or not. It seems to me when the singer on the left is crying and the other is ha ha haing, and the bribe is smiling that the secret code there is that they were trying to tell the Groom that his life as he knew it was over.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:57 PM

This VIDEO shows an unlikely drag race.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 AM

Received 393 Likes on 236 Posts

Carla Maffieoletti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFfGcxphj2o

Her body language, alluring looks and that voice-with the incredible high note at the end! All from such a slight woman-I doubt that she's much over five feet. Do yourself a favor and watch it twice.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Headchef
Carla Maffieoletti http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dFfGcxphj2o

Her body language, alluring looks and that voice-with the incredible high note at the end! All from such a slight woman-I doubt that she's much over five feet. Do yourself a favor and watch it twice.
Why don't I recall seeing her on "Americas Got Talent"? I think that I know why: It is because I do NOT watch that show.

For what it is worth: Yesterday while changing the oil and rotating the tires on our Fit I had an I radio station fired up on my I-phone to a soft rock station that is one of the most popular. I had to turn it off after hearing a Kate Perry song where she screamed the lyrics. I guess that I MUST BE VINTAGE because I just don't get what passes for popular music these days.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Sorry, Matt...but I happen to like most of today's pop music, including Katy Perry. I have The Pulse (XM Channel 10) almost constantly on in my S. I do like the oldies, but I feel that listening to the current music (with the exception of Rap & Hip-Hop) keeps one young. My $.02 worth.

Here's one I really like now: (Call Me Maybe)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic[/media]

And how could you not like Katy Perry singing Wide Awake?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0BWlvnBmIE[/media]
Old 09-16-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by jukngene
Sorry, Matt...but I happen to like most of today's pop music, including Katy Perry. I have The Pulse (XM Channel 10) almost constantly on in my S. I do like the oldies, but I feel that listening to the current music (with the exception of Rap & Hip-Hop) keeps one young. My $.02 worth.
Gene,

Neither of the two examples that you shared fell into the category of what I heard and did not like regarding the vocal abilities of the artist. I do not remember the name of the particular song by Katy Perry but the other was "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift. I just do not hear the artistic value in that performance.

One of the artist that I enjoy listening too is Michael McCloud, he makes his living signing in bars in Key West. In my mind he is a cross between Jim Croce, James Taylor and Jimmy Buffet. As he sings ballads and is a story teller, much in the way that the aforementioned people are. Anyway, he has invented a hybrid form of music that he hopes to cash in on the popularity of County and Rap. He calls it CRAP.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:04 PM

As someone that has long studied the "art of driving" I think that this VIDEO is cool because of what it can provide in the way of mobility for the visually impaired. On the other hand, it gives me pause to think that driving as we know it may soon be a thing of the past. The analogy that comes to mind is the difference between flying IFR in a general aviation or sport aircraft versus what commercial pilots day to day experience is like when they are not really aviators at all, but just turning dials and inputting in VOR radio frequencies into the auto pilot system.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Received 5,802 Likes on 3,420 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
As someone that has long studied the "art of driving" I think that this VIDEO is cool because of what it can provide in the way of mobility for the visually impaired. On the other hand, it gives me pause to think that driving as we know it may soon be a thing of the past. The analogy that comes to mind is the difference between flying IFR in a general aviation or sport aircraft versus what commercial pilots day to day experience is like when they are not really aviators at all, but just turning dials and inputting in VOR radio frequencies into the auto pilot system.
Being out there on the road with blind guys is not the future I'm looking forward to; however, if it means less cops trying to make money for the township maybe it's ok.

Hey Gene, played your songs but I did not feel any younger.... dang.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

My idea of reallllllly living:

[media]http://www.wimp.com/millionairescars/[/media]
Old 09-17-2012, 03:10 AM

Received 393 Likes on 236 Posts

If the power fails-your walking!

Quick Reply: Videos that you think are cool 2