S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Videos that you think are cool 2

Old 02-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^^^After all the snow last winter I, and many other locals, are enjoying the change so far this winter.
Neat video Jerry.
Levi
Old 02-19-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

I think that this tribute VIDEO that was E-mailed to me by Ruined-2 is worth watching. I am wondering why he did NOT post it?

As for me, for years I thought that the idea of romancing or glorifying war was repulsive. But, as time flows through one's hour glass and one looks back on what has occurred over the last sixty years, since WWII and all of the conflicts that have taken place around the world (both major and minor) up to an including what is going on as I type this. I sit here wondering what a different world we could have possibly be living in in 2012 if the outcome of war and history had turned out differently. I shudder to think? What if Germany and Japan had won WWII, etc.

Last summer I had the chance to tour one of the last remaining operational B-17's that is still flying. I posted some pictures on this site showing what the had to work with.

When one sees what these brave men had to work with it gives one an whole new appreciation of what is like to be young with a feeling that one is invincible. Like the average age of nineteen of the war fighters during "My War" AKA the Vietnam Conflict.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Received 5,802 Likes on 3,420 Posts

Matt, while you were debating with yourself to post it, you forgot to post it.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Matt, while you were debating with yourself to post it, you forgot to post it.
Whoops! Link fixed.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:47 AM

You need your sea legs for this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=T4FIS1FnOQg
Old 02-22-2012, 07:06 PM

I only have THREE things to state about that video:

Those guys have "larger attachments" than I do.

I know a former co-worker that was stationed on a USCG Rescue Cutter for several years. He has interesting stories.

I have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for USCG Rescue divers that put their lives in danger doing stuff like THIS to save people that are either unfortunate enough (by being in the right place at the wrong time) or people stupid enough (by being in the wrong place at the wrong time).

BTW, my Coast Guard friend has plenty of stories about the latter.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:13 PM

I only have THREE things to state about that video:

Those guys have "larger attachments" than I do.

I know a former co-worker that was stationed on a USCG Rescue Cutter for several years. He has interesting stories.

I have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for USCG Rescue divers that put their lives in danger doing stuff like THIS to save people that are either unfortunate enough (by being in the right place at the wrong time) or people stupid enough (by being in the wrong place at the wrong time).

BTW, my Coast Guard friend has plenty of stories about the latter.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

I don't think this is a cool video, in fact it's very hot. Sorry, you have to copy and paste:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=...icate&section=

If you heard about the Napa fire yesterday it was in my backyard. There must have been over 20 fire trucks at the bottom of the hill below my house. In the video, at 2:04 my house is just left of center, near the top. My neighbor was over watching it from our home, he wasn't able to get home till later. His house is the one shown first at 1:23. We were just lucky for the direction the wind was blowing. No homes burned, but smoke makes my neighbors inhabitable for now.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Morris
I don't think this is a cool video, in fact it's very hot. Sorry, you have to copy and paste:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=...icate&section=

If you heard about the Napa fire yesterday it was in my backyard. There must have been over 20 fire trucks at the bottom of the hill below my house. In the video, at 2:04 my house is just left of center, near the top. My neighbor was over watching it from our home, he wasn't able to get home till later. His house is the one shown first at 1:23. We were just lucky for the direction the wind was blowing. No homes burned, but smoke makes my neighbors inhabitable for now.
Is your's in the green that looks like it might be a small sub?
Old 02-24-2012, 04:00 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

You can't see mine except a spot on the hill.
That's my neighbors and just a weird angle shot of a porch that curves. It's a regular house, although large, and on a ridge.

Quick Reply: Videos that you think are cool 2