S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Vacation Plans - 2024 Edition

Old 03-03-2024, 09:32 AM

Received 3,720 Likes on 2,506 Posts

Last November we visited with my wife's old college roommate while she was in Boston.
They have a timeshare down in Williamsburg, VA coming up but they hardly ever go.
So I have been for her to solidify plans.... could be a good golfing trip.
They have on of the LPGA courses there.
The following users liked this post:
valentine (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 11:46 AM

Received 2,705 Likes on 1,609 Posts

I finally got flights booked our trip to Greece. Now a week later AA has already cancelled one flight.
dlq04 (03-03-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 02:53 PM

Received 481 Likes on 286 Posts

I went on a Seabourn cruise over the Christmas / New Years holiday. My "lady friend" and I flew from Washington Dulles (IAD) to LAX first class via United Airlines. We had a bit of a layover at LAX and while in the Air New Zealand lounge I inquired as to what brands of gin they had. I normally drink Bombay Sapphire Gin which they did not have. The bar tender suggested Empress 1908, which is blue in the bottle. When one adds tonic water to it it turns purple. As it looked appealing my lady friend took a sip and said: "Wow! That is Gin. I don't like gin, but I like this"

When we arrived in Auckland, New Zealand for our cruise around New Zealand every liquor store that we passed we went into to see if they had it. No success even though craft Gins are big in NZ. It is distilled in BC in Canada. Ironically the VA ABC stores carry it.

I am leaving at the towards the end of the month for an eleven day Seabourn cruise from Miami to the Canary Islands. Then flying home via Lisbon to IAD.

Then in December we are going on a twenty-one day Seabourn cruise out of Buenos Aires to the Falkland Islands then on to Antarctica for five days.
Kyras (03-05-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 05:05 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 979 Posts

Old 03-12-2024, 04:57 AM

Received 884 Likes on 469 Posts

OK. I think we're all booked for NS/PEI.

Flying into Halifax, the driving to Tatamagouche, NS. Staying at the Train Station Inn, our room is an old caboose.
Driving up to Anne of Green Gables and some exploring the central PEI coast, some lighthouses, etc... Staying in Bay Fortune for a few nights. Will explore the eastern coastline the next day, maybe a tour or boat ride?
Taking the ferry back to NS, and staying in Berwick. Gives us a central location to do some driving down the Bay of Fundy (one of my previous staff lives in the area so hopefully some lunch one day), wineries another day, maybe Truro or Lunenbourg (or another little town) to explore.
Then back to Halifax to fly home.
The following 3 users liked this post by Heyitsgary:
jukngene (03-12-2024), Lainey (03-12-2024), zeroptzero (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 09:28 PM

Received 3,168 Likes on 1,742 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
I went on a Seabourn cruise over the Christmas / New Years holiday. My "lady friend" and I flew from Washington Dulles (IAD) to LAX first class via United Airlines. We had a bit of a layover at LAX and while in the Air New Zealand lounge I inquired as to what brands of gin they had. I normally drink Bombay Sapphire Gin which they did not have. The bar tender suggested Empress 1908, which is blue in the bottle. When one adds tonic water to it it turns purple. As it looked appealing my lady friend took a sip and said: "Wow! That is Gin. I don't like gin, but I like this"

When we arrived in Auckland, New Zealand for our cruise around New Zealand every liquor store that we passed we went into to see if they had it. No success even though craft Gins are big in NZ. It is distilled in BC in Canada. Ironically the VA ABC stores carry it.

I am leaving at the towards the end of the month for an eleven day Seabourn cruise from Miami to the Canary Islands. Then flying home via Lisbon to IAD.

Then in December we are going on a twenty-one day Seabourn cruise out of Buenos Aires to the Falkland Islands then on to Antarctica for five days.
Matt, it sounds like you and your honey are really having fun. I'm happy for you!
Old 03-14-2024, 04:43 AM

Received 737 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
OK. I think we're all booked for NS/PEI.

Flying into Halifax, the driving to Tatamagouche, NS. Staying at the Train Station Inn, our room is an old caboose.
Driving up to Anne of Green Gables and some exploring the central PEI coast, some lighthouses, etc... Staying in Bay Fortune for a few nights. Will explore the eastern coastline the next day, maybe a tour or boat ride?
Taking the ferry back to NS, and staying in Berwick. Gives us a central location to do some driving down the Bay of Fundy (one of my previous staff lives in the area so hopefully some lunch one day), wineries another day, maybe Truro or Lunenbourg (or another little town) to explore.
Then back to Halifax to fly home.
Web plan to go to NS in the future. Have a great trip Gary.
Heyitsgary (03-15-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 04:47 AM

Received 737 Likes on 499 Posts

Leaving tomorrow for Naples, Fl for 3 weeks. Flying from our local small airport near where we used to live. Flying Aveo to Ft. Myers for $79 each. Have to pay for 1 bag.
dlq04 (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 07:24 AM

Received 4,009 Likes on 3,155 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
Leaving tomorrow for Naples, Fl for 3 weeks. Flying from our local small airport near where we used to live. Flying Aveo to Ft. Myers for $79 each. Have to pay for 1 bag.
I’ll be curious to hear what you think of Aveo Ray.
They just started flying into the small airport near my Dad in Florida so if I can catch a flight at my end I may use them.
Old 03-14-2024, 07:53 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 827 Posts

Actually the airline’s name is Avelo. They started serving us in Delaware flying out of Wilmington and I have heard nothing but positive comments about them. Bea’s sister flew them from Nashville and return, and she was pleased with them. The only negative is they have limited destinations and flights, but if you can fit them in your schedule, they are ideal.

Quick Reply: Vacation Plans - 2024 Edition