S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Tyreek Hill

Old 09-11-2024, 03:35 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 991 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I bet every one of us who has done a spirited group drive should be in jail then.
I'm not justifying Hill's behavior or tinted windows.
I have a strong dislike of hair trigger cops who will resort to maximal authoritative action at the slightest disrespect for their power and authority.
it's a long way from Andy in Mayberry.
Tinted windows in Florida are legal.
Old 09-12-2024, 06:41 AM

Received 467 Likes on 333 Posts

I registered for the Citizens Police Academy for my own sanctification. I attended first session last week. I will be attending my 2nd session tonight. Hopefully, I will have greater understanding of what the police officers go through in their daily work. I do have much appreciation and respect for the police officers who put other's safety before their own.
The following 2 users liked this post by Honda 367:
buckeyesue (09-12-2024), dlq04 (09-12-2024)
Old 09-12-2024, 07:38 AM
Jub

Received 417 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
I know it was 10 years ago. My point is that these issues have been happening for a long time.
Tyreek has a history of aggressive behavior off the field. He clearly has a huge ego and his status has inflated his head. Great player and I'm sure he does some good things too. He has a clear pattern of aggression and bad judgement, to put it kindly.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...t16ik2142ay772

The video of this incident shows that he was speeding mildly but it's definitely not 100+ territory. I do not believe he belongs in jail for 60 in a 30. Not that this should let him off the hook but... 60 in a McLaren is much safer than 60 in a F-350. That car can stop much faster than anything else on the street. Tyreek clearly subscribes to the "F the Police' mentality and thinks it is proper to defy them at every step. That mentality is a huge issue and creates the tension that sets off escalation of force on both the police and civilian side. The police did not need to tackle him when he was cuffed but he is certainly not an innocent victim. The F the Police tough guy crap has to stop. So does the "Respect mah Authoritah" style of policing. It's a two way street and they both escalate the other. This is a bad interaction but not fire-able and the media needs to stop painting Tyreek as a victim. He's an idiot and his behavior should be condemned. Didn't everyone's parents teach them what to do when getting pulled over? Like, at least enough to know hands clearly visible, window down, ask before fumbling around for stuff, etc.

Edit: After watching again, the officer with the black sleeves should be fired. Tyreek is cuffed and sitting on a curb when the officer just starts grabbing and shaking him. Tyreek is detained, though verbally defiant. Once the person is detained, the officers should be acting professionally and diplomatically. Tyreek's stupid words should not set an officer off enough to physically attack him for no purpose other than the officer's own anger. Force to detain a person is a different scenario than force once detained.

Last edited by Jub; 09-12-2024 at 07:51 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jub:
rrounds (09-12-2024), SheDrivesIt (09-17-2024)
Old 09-17-2024, 06:18 PM

Received 3,770 Likes on 2,660 Posts

Traffic stops in the US is a business, big business, I've seen it for myself. I got stopped in New York State for like 10 mph over the speed limit, I thought that was ridiculous. After the stop people told me they were stopped for 5 mph over and I seen reports of 1 mph over with some people. I do agree that you should just do as you are told when a cop pulls you over. I had my identification in the trunk of my S2000 so I made sure to get permission to exit the car before doing so. I know cops in the US are always on edge, they never know who may have a loaded gun in the car so that can drive them crazy over time. In Canada it is rare to find someone with a gun, so the cops tend to be more relaxed, they also won't get their fat asses out of their car to issue a ticket for anything less than 25 km/hr over the limit.
Old Yesterday, 04:55 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Our state doubled the number of fatal accidents in June compared to last year. This is because of all of the aggressive drivers that are on our roads. These are ordinary people not athletes. 2 kids were killed last month while driving a BMW. They tried unsuccessfully to negotiate an S curve at over 100mph. They hit a stone barrier, went airborne into a tree and their bimmer caught on fire. The tree fell on a house and set it on fire. They were burned alive. This is an extreme example but aggressive driving is the main cause of why our death rate has skyrocketed. There have been many DUI arrests and some of these drivers have been arrested multiple times. Some have resulted in deaths. One driver hit a family of 4, killing 3 of them who had just attended Christmas services. He got a1 year suspended sentence!!! Our courts are a joke and they are letting these people off too easy.

Last edited by S2KRAY; Yesterday at 05:18 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:20 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,864 Likes on 2,076 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
Our state doubled the number of fatal accidents in June compared to last year. This is because of all of the aggressive drivers that are on our roads. These are ordinary people not athletes. 2 kids were killed last month while driving a BMW. They tried unsuccessfully to negotiate an S curve at over 100mph. They hit a stone barrier, went airborne into a tree and their bimmer caught on fire. The tree fell on a house and set it on fire. They were burned alive. This is an extreme example but aggressive driving is the main cause of why our death rate has skyrocketed. There have been many DUI arrests and some of these drivers have been arrested multiple times. Some have resulted in deaths. One driver hit a family of 4, killing 3 of them who had just attended Christmas services. He got a1 year suspended sentence!!! Our courts are a joke and they are letting these people off too easy.
Distracted drivers are far more of a concern imo.
Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,864 Likes on 2,076 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Traffic stops in the US is a business, big business, I've seen it for myself. I got stopped in New York State for like 10 mph over the speed limit, I thought that was ridiculous. After the stop people told me they were stopped for 5 mph over and I seen reports of 1 mph over with some people. I do agree that you should just do as you are told when a cop pulls you over. I had my identification in the trunk of my S2000 so I made sure to get permission to exit the car before doing so. I know cops in the US are always on edge, they never know who may have a loaded gun in the car so that can drive them crazy over time. In Canada it is rare to find someone with a gun, so the cops tend to be more relaxed, they also won't get their fat asses out of their car to issue a ticket for anything less than 25 km/hr over the limit.
At 10mph over you should be expecting a ticket in most states, I would.
Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM

Received 1,719 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue

I had a minor speeding stop back in the days of 55. I got out and asked to see the radar while the cop was walking back to his car.
"excuse me sir, can I see the radar please?" from 40 feet away, I had a cop spin, extend his left arm pointing at me, while his right hand drew his pistol halfway from the holster.
"Stop, and get back in your car!"

Luckily we live in small town and all of our encounters have been positive.
I think if you had asked the time of day instead of the radar view the reaction would have been the same. Even as an FFDO for 15 years we saw lots of regular (if that even exists) law enforcement incidents on video for our training and edification. Things can go south wicked fast. What looks like an ordinary pullover suddenly become mortal when someone gets out the vehicle and starts shooting over nothing.

The county I live in extends from Sacramento to the Nevada state line. Concealed permits have always been available for eligible residents. The sheriff department actively encourages CCW permits and to carry "as much as you can" (end quote) and this is California no less. The sheriff encounters I have experienced in the field are pretty friendly as long as you are not a felon in a pursuit chase. (Folsom prison is nearby) They size things up pretty well.