S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Toyota chairman has a warning for EV owners

Old Today | 08:26 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I'm sure that the automotive industry had a devastating effect on the stable and feed industry as well.
The buggy whip makers all but disappeared as a trade.
Push reel lawn mowers have been replaced by both gas and electric mowers but they still make them and sell them.

The following users liked this post:
SheDrivesIt (Today)
Old Today | 09:13 AM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Oh reel mowers are still out there. https://fireflyautomatix.com/amp-mowers/

with this I'd mow my lawn every night.
Old Today | 11:48 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
I will never own an electric vehicle I owned a Lexus hybrid hatchback and that was as far as I will go. I’m a gas man.
Well, a hybrid IS an electrified vehicle. Especially when it comes to plugin hybrids. They just rely on their own ICE power source once the plugin feature is exhausted. Yes, I realize you know how it works.

You know, Ray, i truly hope you can beat the odds but the industry probably thinks that it is unlikely you wii be driving much if at all 10 years from now.

Last edited by SheDrivesIt; Today at 12:03 PM.
Old Today | 11:50 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
I will never own an electric vehicle I owned a Lexus hybrid hatchback and that was as far as I will go. I’m a gas man.
I was wiling to try a full EV but there are many things they don't tell you about range being much lower than advertised in our part of the world. It just wasn't for me based on my work life. It would have been okay if I was retired and just putzed around a small town most days.

. I am happy with my plug-in hybrid (PHEV) as I can use gas when needed and electric power when needed. The only problem I have with EV's is someone telling us that we have to buy them on a certain date, I have a real issue with that. If they are so great you shouldn't need to force people to buy them, they should sell themselves. I trust the US will always have freedom of choice and they will never be mandatory, but we are headed for the mandatory end of ICE in our parts which I don't agree with.

Last edited by zeroptzero; Today at 02:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SheDrivesIt (Today)