S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Tomcatt Meet Drive Groups

Old 09-06-2007, 06:00 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Tomcatt Meet Drive Groups

It's time for folks to sign up for their drive groups. With 13 cars (if everyone shows up - not everyone has confirmed yet) we'll have 7 and 6 cars per group, a nice comfortable number.

Both groups can be considered Moderate. I've seen Spirited before, and I'm not going there on public roads. Those of you who have driven behind me before at the previous Rt. 26 runs know my style. I like to challenge the twisties a little, occasionally gun it on the straights, but rarely (if ever) get into white-knuckle territory! My plan is to enjoy the capabilities of the car while still managing to appreciate the scenery (OK, maybe a little biased towards the driving!).

I make a very serious effort to make sure everyone stays together. If that means crawling along through some great turns, so be it (though that won't happen without some tears on my part at the lost turns, but they are NEVER directed at the stragglers, just at circumstance - believe me when I say this.) You will NOT be left behind, and no regrets on anyone's part for slowing up. I mean it.

I tend to take it especially easy through towns - even if doing the speed limit, revving at 8K definitely makes the natives restless. We want to be polite guests as we cruise through town. Give the kids on the yards a little thrill, let the adults enjoy the sight. Wave as you go by!

We're out to have fun, enjoy our cars, the scenery and each other's company.

Sam and I have pretty similar driving styles.

My group will be going first, with Sam's group following. Ruined 2 and Tachus will be the tailgunners, since they know the roads (some of them anyway), Tachus is a Rio, and well, we always put the NSX at the end. We all undertsand why.

Anyway, please post your preferences:

Jonas' drive group:
=========================
JonasM (Sebring)
TomcattPlus1 (Silverstone)
RC-Ryder (Spa) (tentative?)
Matt_in_VA (Suzuka)
sailor1533 (Silverstone)
Ruined 2 (Black Queenie)

Sam's drive group:
=========================
spt-s2k (Grand Prix White)
OhioRacer (Spa)
jukngene (Silverstone)
goblues2k (Suzuka)
dlq04 (unknown)
Tachus (Rio)

MODS: I've put a link to this thread in the first post of the main Tomcatt Meet Thread, so no need to sticky this, if you felt so inclined.

JonasM
Old 09-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

jukngene (Silverstone) behind OhioRacer in Sam's group, please!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jonas: I still can't finalize but would like to be behind Tomcat+1 if I can make it. I drove behind her last Spring and thought her brake lights were not working. Well, they did work, and I give a thumbs-up to that driving style.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by RC - Ryder,Sep 6 2007, 05:46 PM
Jonas: I still can't finalize but would like to be behind Tomcat+1 if I can make it. I drove behind her last Spring and thought her brake lights were not working. Well, they did work, and I give a thumbs-up to that driving style.
This is the first I've heard that you might be able to make it!

Just let us know ASAP - I don't know if they'll give you the group rate at the Hampton, but it's worth a shot asking.

I'll add you to the list.

JonasM
Old 09-06-2007, 02:03 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Jonas, you can put us down in your group if you want. Or not; doesn't really matter. There is a very strong possibility that we (1) will pass on the drive, (2) will only go part way of the drive, (3) will do the drive on our own with lots of stops, or (4) will show you that a 50 year old car can keep up. It will all depend on how my wife's back holds up after the trip down.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:05 PM

It's getting close...I can't wait to drive with my plus one

Oh wait...my daughter Krys is coming with me oops

Seriously though....Dropje loves the car and he has been my passenger a lot this summer. WE are the talk of the town!!!! Isn't he cute????
Old 09-06-2007, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04,Sep 6 2007, 06:03 PM
Jonas, you can put us down in your group if you want. Or not; doesn't really matter. There is a very strong possibility that we (1) will pass on the drive, (2) will only go part way of the drive, (3) will do the drive on our own with lots of stops, or (4) will show you that a 50 year old car can keep up. It will all depend on how my wife's back holds up after the trip down.
Since I've already got one tentative in my group, I'll put you at the back of Sam's group. If you end up wanting to drop back, no problem. The most important thing is that you two show up.

JonasM
Old 09-06-2007, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tomcattplus1,Sep 6 2007, 06:05 PM
Seriously though....Dropje loves the car and he has been my passenger a lot this summer. WE are the talk of the town!!!! Isn't he cute????
What's not to love?

JonasM
Old 09-06-2007, 03:01 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Color is Old English White. Assuming I get all the bugs worked out. Repaired the seat belt today. Got the brake lights working a couple days ago. Did the seats last week. Next to tackle is replacing the speedometer cable.

Great photos of the alternate +1.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:46 PM

Jonas: I've been on the fence all along. It's not like it's a far drive from here, and I always wanted to go. Problem is that +1 is with her ill mother in TN, and I don't know when she needs to be picked up. Plus I have to go to Russia in early Oct. I was going to bring my son, but he has an MD Continuing ED course that weekend. I'd probably have to do it alone. I know it's dicy regarding the hotel.

Quick Reply: Tomcatt Meet Drive Groups