S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

They're gone but still guiding you along.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:14 AM

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,859 Posts
Default They're gone but still guiding you along.

This morning while on my way to work, there was a large truck coming from the opposite direction. I pulled in slightly between two parked cars to give him some room.

At that point, I don't know why, but I kind of flashed back to my Dad teaching me how to drive. It was like I heard him saying "Just pull in there a bit and give him some room."

It's been almost 35 years since Dad taught me to drive, and he's been gone for over three years now. It's funny how those we have lost come back to us now and again.

My sister has not been able to bring herself to visit his grave. I tell her not to worry, that's not where he is, and today was more proof of that for me.

Does this happen to you?
Old 05-11-2006, 04:53 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

All the time.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:54 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

All the time.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:42 AM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

You can say that again, Val.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:42 AM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

You can say that again, Val.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel my mom's guidance and presence all the time too, especially when I'm going through. It's been 3 years for me too. They will always live on in our hearts and through us.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:55 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Absolutely.

My brother passed one year May 19th. Whenever I visit my mother in her nursing home, she tends to obsess over certain delusions she has (she's schizophrenic). A couple of months before my brother passed, we visited mom together and she started obsessing about not having enough underwear (a common one for her. the other is money. She has at least 40 pr. of underwear---she has enough). Anyway, as soon as Mom brings up the underwear (after 30-40 min of our visit) my brother stood up and started preparing her for our departure. On the way out the door, he said to me, "When she starts talking about her underwear---it's time to leave.". Now each time I visit her, about 30-40 min. into the visit, she will bring up the underwear---and I hear his voice in my head say"It's time to leave.", and feel a 'push' to get up and go.

Also, June 12th will be a year since my dad passed. He loved his cars (nothing special, usually a chevy) and my +1 'inherited' Dad's last car-- a 1988 Chevy Corsica--...I rarely ride in it (having my S!) My +1 is NOT, by any means, careful about how he keeps his car. My Dad was, and taught me to keep it clean & nice. Each time I get in my dad's old car I see McDonald's wrappers, dirt and grime on the rugs, smears of 'bird dirt' on the windshield and am compelled to say something my father would say to my +1 if he saw the car like that, "Looks like you need to do some serious cleaning, Barnaby!" Seriously...I can't help myself.

I also feel my dad's presence when I garden (he taught me how to weed at a young age).

Several times I have asked 'those who have passed' for a sign---and gotten them.
One time I asked for two specific songs to be played back to back on a radio station.
Another time I asked to see an 'S' on the road. (they are VERY rare around me).
Another time I asked to see a certain number of bunnies eating in a field at dusk.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Touching story, Plank and that's also some powerful confirmation. Thanks for sharing. So sorry about the loss of your brother. Sometimes I think we're stronger than we give ourselves credit.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:20 AM

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Old 05-11-2006, 06:42 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

I have to think about this one. I don't think my mom's presense is around me much now, but I did closer to when she died (Nov.6, 2000).

She was a photography addict though, so that's usually when I feel her around... Sometimes when I'm taking a photo of some special moment on earth, and she's there enjoying it through my eyes.

Quick Reply: They're gone but still guiding you along.