S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Thanks to Rapler (Rob) for his topics

Old 01-09-2005, 07:11 PM

Received 511 Likes on 304 Posts
Default Thanks to Rapler (Rob) for his topics

Rob,

As much at we can disagree on things when it comes to politics, etc.

I have to give you credit that you do come up with some of the most creative topics and thought provoking threads of just about any one here.

I thank you for it. I think that many others will agree that your contribution to the Vintage forum helps make it what it is. As you have so often stated: It is the car that brought us together and the people that keep us together.

Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
Matt
Old 01-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Matt,

Thank you. That is a very nice thing to say. The truth is that I have as much fun and get as much enjoyment from these threads as anyone.

As for agreeing to disagree, that is what is so special about Vintage. We can agree sometimes, disagree sometimes, but always have respect for each other's words and opinions and remain friends. This only happens in Vintage, and that is a tribute to all of us.

The car brought us together and the people keep us together.

Rob
Old 01-10-2005, 01:53 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper,Jan 9 2005, 11:22 PM
As for agreeing to disagree, that is what is so special about Vintage. We can agree sometimes, disagree sometimes, but always have respect for each other's words and opinions and remain friends. This only happens in Vintage, and that is a tribute to all of us.
I just love a gentleman's argument: to agree to disagree and then move on is such a wonderful way to maintain peace despite a difference of opinion.
I, too, say thanks, Rob. Your interesting topics are delightful.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by matt_inva,Jan 9 2005, 11:11 PM
Rob,

I have to give you credit that you do come up with some of the most creative topics and thought provoking threads of just about any one here.

I thank you for it. I think that many others will agree that your contribution to the Vintage forum helps make it what it is. As you have so often stated: It is the car that brought us together and the people that keep us together.

Best regards,
Matt
Well done Rob!
Old 01-10-2005, 03:18 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

I agree completely. Rob and I are usually on other ends of the argument. I enjoy the banter and the stimulation. Diversity of views makes the world go around. I'm just glad we all live in a country where we can do this.

Thanks Rob.

grant
aka
fltsfshr
Old 01-10-2005, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to mention he protects our little corner of the world like a papa bear. So Rob, I guess you're not only my brother, you're Big Brother, huh? Watch over us always and keep those topics coming. Love Sis
Old 01-10-2005, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by matt_inva,Jan 9 2005, 11:11 PM
Rob,

Best regards,
Matt
Great job Rob!
Old 01-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,951 Likes on 1,746 Posts

Nice, Matt...and, of course, I have to agree! I am very glad Rob decided to remain an active member of Vintage, even after he resigned as co-CO.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:41 PM

Add me to the list! Thanks Rob.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Thank you. You've all said some very nice things. The truth is that Vintage works because of all of you, all of us. It works because we approach the forum with a mature point of view and we try to adhere to the policy of respect and no flames. I am delighted that the noise that is so much a part of the other forums doesn't, for the most part, come in here.

We just went through a rough couple of months. I suppose the elections, and the great differences in opinion that we have now had its effect on Vintage, just as it did on the rest of the country. We are, afterall, a window of sorts into the world. For a little while, Vintage stopped behaving like Vintage and almost began to resemble The Corner. A little bitterness, a little arrogance, a little too much of an edge, but now, I hope we are back to where this forum belongs.

I consider my relationship with all of you, and with this forum, to be very special. You are all my friends. I am especially delighted, for example, that Matt and I can disagree, as we often do, and yet consider each other to be among our very good friends. That is what makes this place so special. It is how we relate to each other, and how we approach this forum.

Anyway, thank you for all of your kind words. Now, back to the threads..........

Quick Reply: Thanks to Rapler (Rob) for his topics