S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Thank-you Maury!

Old 05-06-2008, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Great job by a great couple, thanks Maury and Beth
Old 05-06-2008, 03:45 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,May 6 2008, 10:26 AM
Folks, you are all welcome and I would like to honestly say that it was our pleasure to organize this event. As I mentioned in my thank-you's I could have never pulled this off without my friends and volunteers. You are all a special group of people that I love to be around, and I get my "payment" in seeing everyone have a great time. I didn't make this event, we all did, and together I look forward to many many more Flings.
He's alive!!! Hey Maury, have you been on vacation or something? Glad to see you on here. I was getting worried. For 2010, can we get the Alpine Slide thing up and running???
Old 05-06-2008, 03:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,May 6 2008, 11:26 AM
Folks, you are all welcome and I would like to honestly say that it was our pleasure to organize this event. As I mentioned in my thank-you's I could have never pulled this off without my friends and volunteers. You are all a special group of people that I love to be around, and I get my "payment" in seeing everyone have a great time. I didn't make this event, we all did, and together I look forward to many many more Flings.
Well said, very classy !
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,May 6 2008, 07:45 PM
He's alive!!! Hey Maury, have you been on vacation or something? Glad to see you on here. I was getting worried. For 2010, can we get the Alpine Slide thing up and running???
No just the start of our busy season. The Alpine Slide opens mid-May. I am trying to arrange a way for everyone to drive home with casts on their arms or legs from going down this slide
Old 05-07-2008, 09:14 AM

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Let me add my thanks also to Maury and Beth for the meticulous planning and hard work that made Spring Fling 2008 so special. Also, thanks are due to the route planners and drivemaster for making the morning drive enjoyable and scenic.

We especially enjoyed the facilities and food. This was the first time we had not just one but two high-definition flat panel TVs in my room, plus the marinated steaks at the hoedown dinner on Saturday were simply the best!

Thanks again to all who helped plan the best SF event ever!
Old 05-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Because of a little longer trip home, I'm a little late adding my Kudos and thanks for a wonderful time at Seven Springs. Maury and Beth, and all you volunteers, You rock!

And thanks for all the little things that people did, like Bill for organizing the Friday night dinner group in the Bavarian Lounge, and Ken likewise in the Slopeside.

Great drive, intrepid leaders, and thanks for all the planning and preparation drives that you guys took to make the drive so great!

The hoedown party with the music, velcro inflatable, the slot cars, the Sumos, the hula hoops, the disappearing circle dots, the nostalgia theme song game, YMCA crazies, and everthing, was a real blast -- and well someone even recognized the theme song of Combat?!

The food choice and preparation was really outstanding for such a venue.

And above all, the company was the best!! Vintage, if you weren't at Maury's party, you were camping out, for sure!!

Thanks again, Maury!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:04 PM

Maury, you and Beth can be very proud of your efforts on our behalf. The venue, the planning, and the drive were great and thanks also to the many other individuals who made SF 08 a success.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 AM

Kudos to Maury and everyone involved organizing the meet. This was the first Vintage meet for Linda and me and it was fantastic.

I never knew a group of old farts could have so much fun.
Just kidding....... can't wait for the next meet!

Mike....
Old 05-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,531 Likes on 1,912 Posts

[QUOTE=silversurfer05,May 8 2008, 12:34 PM] Kudos to Maury and everyone involved organizing the meet. This was the first Vintage meet for Linda and me and it was fantastic.

I never knew a group of old farts could have so much fun.
Just kidding.......

Quick Reply: Thank-you Maury!