S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Thank-you Maury!

Old 05-05-2008, 07:29 AM

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

If you're thinking about doing it somewhere in NC keep in mind
that the DRAGON is on the border of NC and Tennesee...the Dragon
and many other roads in the area are arguably THE BEST ROADS
in the U.S. for seeing what the S can do!!!!

Check out the Dragon Events forum for those that aren't familiar
with it, lots of pictures and videos there.

It is also a gorgeous area!!!! The roads are all through the mountains
and there is the Fontana Dam nearby.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! I'd like to thank Maury and all the vintage members for making a pre-vint feel welcome during this event. I had a great time and I hope to see some of you again in New England this summer for the Nor'Easter.

-Erick
Old 05-05-2008, 09:20 AM

I just wanted to add my to all the great things being said about SF08, and the amazing job done by Maury and crew. I know an event like that takes a lot of coordination and attention to detail, and it was certainly worth the trip from the Left Coast for me.

I really appreciate Patty bringing me along as her +1, and driving me around Pittsburgh, the Falling Water House, and the PA countryside. What a beautiful setting for an S2000 meet! Also, "Thanks David," (Scooterboy) for allowing me to enjoy the Sat morning drive from the passenger seat of your beautiful Laguna Blue S. Your intake sounds great!

Thanks to Grannyrod for encouraging us all to act like kids again punching a beach ball around in the pool Friday night. It was nice to see that all the "Jerry's" in the pool (along with several others) were sporting "farmer's tans." Thanks, Patty, for bringing the beach ball. Next time, I'm sure the score of "21" will fall. I will proudly display my little rubber ducky as a reminder of that fun night of frolicking.

However, I was a little worried on Sat night when Grannyrod and pas2k (J-East) wound up inside the same hula-hoop. "What happens in Seven Springs, stays..." At least I hope none of the pics taken in Erick's room in the wee hours of Sun morning get leaked to the "press."

Thanks everyone,
--Jerry (West)
Old 05-05-2008, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Spokes Man,May 5 2008, 01:20 PM
However, I was a little worried on Sat night when Grannyrod and pas2k (J-East) wound up inside the same hula-hoop. "What happens in Seven Springs, stays..." At least I hope none of the pics taken in Erick's room in the wee hours of Sun morning get leaked to the "press."
There were certainly NO embarrassing pictures of me taken Sunday morning

I hope Patty gives me a chance to "buy the negatives" on some of those

Great to see you Uncle Jerry
Old 05-05-2008, 10:07 AM

^^ Good to see you too, Ellen!

I heard the after hours party "ramped up" after you finished off the Bud Light.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:09 AM

I think it's Patty's fault for bringing champagne I love the bubbles!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

I wanted to add a bit more to my short thank you.

Thanks again, Maury and Beth. What a wonderful weekend. Thanks to those who spent time mapping out the drive route and to the drive leaders and all who spent the time making the pre-drives. Thanks to our drive Master Ken/Citadel Blue for his time in sending us on our way on Saturday, and for providing us with our name tags. Those go into my S2000 photo album.

The drive route was great, and being in Roy's group was a pleasure as always. Thank you, Roy.

A few more words about how SF08 came to be. I would have spoken on Saturday evening, but I'm rather shy.

Last year, Deb let it be known that SF07 was the last one she was planning. Shortly after SF, Maury sent a PM to a few people, including me, offering to host SF08, asking what we thought. I was so pleased that someone who had only been around the forum and this crazy group of people, a relatively short time stepped up to the plate to ensure that the Spring Fling tradition continued. Planning a meet of this size is no small undertaking. With the exception of assigned seating, it's almost like planning a wedding.

My reply to Maury's PM was: "If you plan it they will come." And they did! What a great turnout and what a heck of a party it was!

The connection we have with one another continues to amaze me. We see each other maybe once or twice a year, and it is so easy to just pick up where we left off. I know that many people would not "get" that, but I know you all do. Thanks to Maury for helping us keep that connection going.

The only downside of these events is that you never have enough time to have much of a conversation with so many of the people. A quick is often all you exchange with someone, but you have to hope to catch them the next time. It was great to see all our friends and to meet the new folks who joined us. I hope we all made you feel welcome.

BTW, we have done so many new things, and met so many great people since we bought our S2000. However, I can honestly say, that I never expected to participate in a sumo wrestling event when we bought the car. That is the LAST time I ever tell anyone, "Let me know what I can do to help."

Thanks for the memories, Maury.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:07 PM

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

^
Seconded..... and well said, Lainey.

Carole & I add our thanks to Maury and Beth.... and to everyone who had a hand in making SF08 happen.

Most of all.... thank all of YOU for coming. What a blast!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,May 4 2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah Beth, sorry I left you out of the thank you. But of course, so many contributed thier time and skills, I would not know where to start or finish.

But NO THANKS to Garmin! My GPS put me up on a logging road!!!!

Just got home now. I'm very tired!
Old 05-05-2008, 06:10 PM

Adding my accolades for a job well done. Thank you Maury, Beth and all the SF '08 team. We just can't say enough, what a fun and exciting weekend! Everything was first class, right down to the steak and mushrooms
We ought to keep that drive master around; it's always a new look... you never know what to expect (Thanks Ken!).

Quick Reply: Thank-you Maury!