S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The summer drive that you have to take.

Old 02-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts
Default The summer drive that you have to take.

Its rainy and cold out, I've been working all day and my S2000 has been in the garage most of January and February. I've started planning for all of the great drives that me and my S are going to take this summer. The drive that I really want to take is:

I-287 North to the New York Thruway (I-87) to NY 28 into Woodstock, New York. We had a summer/weekend home there until about 7 years ago. Woodstock is one of my very favorite places on earth but we haven't visited since we sold the house. It's about 125 miles each way with lots of highspeed highway driving, and lots of twisty mountain road driving. Our house was in the Bearsville section, way up in the mountains. I can't wait to go.

How about you. What drive do you have to take this summer?
Old 02-21-2004, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's good to think about those summer journeys.

131 north to Cadillac, west on 115 to Crystal Lake. Over the hill from Crystal Lake to Platte Lake; the water is always aqua, no matter what the sky. North from there past Sleeping Bear, then cut over to Traverse City at Empire. From TC, out Old Mission Peninsula to Bowers Harbor and Old Mission.
Many wineries on the peninsula, windy roads and spectacular views.

Michigan in the summer. Stick to the back roads and the driving is fun and fast.
Some of this has been adopted by FreshWater Tour 2004.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:37 PM

Here's a site that presents some possibilities.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/index.html

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone is familiar with great summer drives in NW Illinois or SW Wisconsin. I like County Road C on the south side of the Wisconsin River starting at the Miss. River going east.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:41 PM

Looking forward to some summer drives in RI. Family rents out a house every summer there.

Also like to participate in more S drives.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:23 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

In mid July one of my closest friends is getting married (again). The wedding is going to be at one of the resorts in the Pocono Mountains of Pa. Simple drive from Y-town, get on 80 east and in less than 5 hrs your are there. This drive gets better the further east you get! After exiting 80 the back roads should be great.
The drive that I look forward to most each year is the Rt. 26 run we have here in Ohio. What an awsome trip, but then every drive is a great experience in the "S" !!
Old 02-22-2004, 04:14 AM

There are several of us in the Del-Val group that get together often on Sundays in the morning to drive thru the area surrounding Longwood Gardens in Pa. The roads are fantastic and it has somewhat of a cult following now we often attract other cars than the S2000 that attend and pick up others that know of the area and see us then decide to follow. In the fall we ran it almost every sunday till the weather became bad. I'm sure we will start up again once the weather breaks. There are some who love to golf on a sunday morning, those of us in our group love to drive.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:18 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Everyone should feel welcome to attend this drive/event the New England members are organizing with the NY Metro and Upstate NY clubs. The old Mohawk Trail.

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=184814
Old 02-22-2004, 06:48 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spt-s2k
In mid July one of my closest friends is getting married (again).
Old 02-22-2004, 07:59 AM

Geez you guys. Head those east coast cars through the wheat fields of Kansas and discover Bear Tooth Pass.

Bear Tooth Pass
Old 02-22-2004, 08:18 AM

I'm looking forward to driving around Hines Dr. (the only curvy road around here I know) when the weather gets warmer.

Actually it hit the low 40s last Thursday so I went out to lunch with the top down.

Quick Reply: The summer drive that you have to take.