S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Sometimes I get so sick of the media

Old 07-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

Earth to A2, Earth to A2!!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:50 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by raymo19
My apologies to A2 and anyone else I may have offended in this thread. I shouldn't have made this personal.

The only defense I can offer is that I don't have a lot of hot buttons but pedophiles and those who enable them are right at the top. If there is a hell I hope they reside at the very bottom. If not then I hope the courts can effect a similar punishment. In this case to me it seemed obvious that the abuse couldn't have endured for over a decade without complicity by those who should have ended it.

Come on back A2 if you like - I like reading your posts even when I don't agree. That's why we have this forum.
You win the Post of the Month Award. Well put, Raymo.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by raymo19
My apologies to A2 and anyone else I may have offended in this thread. I shouldn't have made this personal.

The only defense I can offer is that I don't have a lot of hot buttons but pedophiles and those who enable them are right at the top. If there is a hell I hope they reside at the very bottom. If not then I hope the courts can effect a similar punishment. In this case to me it seemed obvious that the abuse couldn't have endured for over a decade without complicity by those who should have ended it.

Come on back A2 if you like - I like reading your posts even when I don't agree. That's why we have this forum.
I am glad this is behind us. I too could be in a similar situation in the future and I hope I have the mental strength and fortitude that you displayed to come forward and put this away as a bygone.

Although I was hurt and offended (that day) I let it slide as the evening passed. You were not attacking me but rather a view I held.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:32 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasting
Good reply.
I know if you met and knew Aashish like I know him, you'd like him too. He is smart, honest, thoughtful and respectful of others, friendly, and helpful. He's a good egg.
I am proud to call him my very good friend.

Thanks JB. You are too kind. I am proud to call you a friend as well

Thanks to all the others that were supportive both here in this thread and outside of it (you know who you are). All of you make S2KI a great place to be and I am happy to know you all
Old 07-19-2012, 05:44 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

Old 07-19-2012, 06:36 AM

Received 5,758 Likes on 3,393 Posts

As my initial post for this long running thread began about the media, I would like to draw your attention to good new TV series. For those of you who subscribe to HBO, I highly recommend a new series called "Newsroom". They have shown four shows to date and if you missed them you can catch-up using On-Demand, Premium channels, HBO series to watch from the beginning.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:57 PM

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
As my initial post for this long running thread began about the media, I would like to draw your attention to good new TV series. For those of you who subscribe to HBO, I highly recommend a new series called "Newsroom". They have shown four shows to date and if you missed them you can catch-up using On-Demand, Premium channels, HBO series to watch from the beginning.

I literally just finished watching the first episode, it is amazing! What news used to be before it became entertainment.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:26 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Old 07-20-2012, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Agreed. I've been watching it and I think it's one of the very few things on television that is actually worth watching. Outstanding writing and an excellent cast.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:14 AM

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Out of the record books, $60M in fines and lawsuits to come. JoPa did a "great" job for PSU. It's a shame that he brought some much bad notoriety on such a good educational institution.

As for Joe Paterno, and all involved in the cover-up , they have caused too many problems for a fine university. But it a university and not a football farm.

Quick Reply: Sometimes I get so sick of the media