S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Sometimes I get so sick of the media

Old 07-17-2012, 06:23 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

I hate moderating these types of threads because I truely believe there is value in having good productive dialogue with heated debates and passionate insight. Where it crosses the line, unfortunately, is when the focus shifts towards the topic at hand and becomes personal. That's where I have to step in unfortuantely.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

You know... I've changed my mind....well, a PM that I received brought up a good point.

Locking the thread isn't the answer because the content was good, but only a few sour apples made the subject get personal. Obviously, it's a heated and touchy subject but we are all adults... everyone.. and yes, i mean everyone, needs to stick to the topic, and cut out the constant personal attacks.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:20 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
You know... I've changed my mind....well, a PM that I received brought up a good point.

Locking the thread isn't the answer because the content was good, but only a few sour apples made the subject get personal. Obviously, it's a heated and touchy subject but we are all adults... everyone.. and yes, i mean everyone, needs to stick to the topic, and cut out the constant personal attacks.

Good for you let the begin.

fltsfshr
Old 07-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Old 07-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

also.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 PM

Received 5,758 Likes on 3,393 Posts

I'd be the first to agree, I don't usually lose my cool. The wife saw me writing my comments and even said I should not send it. None the less, I did. But, I totally agree; lets move on.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Old 07-18-2012, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My apologies to A2 and anyone else I may have offended in this thread. I shouldn't have made this personal.

The only defense I can offer is that I don't have a lot of hot buttons but pedophiles and those who enable them are right at the top. If there is a hell I hope they reside at the very bottom. If not then I hope the courts can effect a similar punishment. In this case to me it seemed obvious that the abuse couldn't have endured for over a decade without complicity by those who should have ended it.

Come on back A2 if you like - I like reading your posts even when I don't agree. That's why we have this forum.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:01 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by raymo19
My apologies to A2 and anyone else I may have offended in this thread. I shouldn't have made this personal.

The only defense I can offer is that I don't have a lot of hot buttons but pedophiles and those who enable them are right at the top. If there is a hell I hope they reside at the very bottom. If not then I hope the courts can effect a similar punishment. In this case to me it seemed obvious that the abuse couldn't have endured for over a decade without complicity by those who should have ended it.

Come on back A2 if you like - I like reading your posts even when I don't agree. That's why we have this forum.
Good reply.
I know if you met and knew Aashish like I know him, you'd like him too. He is smart, honest, thoughtful and respectful of others, friendly, and helpful. He's a good egg.
I am proud to call him my very good friend.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:42 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

X2!

Quick Reply: Sometimes I get so sick of the media