S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Sometimes I get so sick of the media

Old 01-25-2012, 03:37 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by dean' timestamp='1327413016' post='21346857
[quote name='Lainey' timestamp='1327411768' post='21346789']I'm still of the opinion that the Football program at Penn State was the only thing that mattered to Joe P; all he did was cover his A$$, with the way he handled the Sandusky situation.
Agreed. How many football games have to be won to compensate for a raped child? How many for a dozen or more raped children? Good riddance to that immoral coward. I hope his passing was prolonged and excruciating.
For all your condemnation on the actions or lack of action, as you see it, for one man, your wrath would be much better spend on the Catholic church - - which by all accounts has not changed. According to those who claim to know, thousands of children were molested by thousands of priests and while thousands of supervisors turned their back on those children?

See this NPR story from today: http://www.npr.org/2012/01/24/145733...l-reverberates
[/quote]
I've got plenty of wrath for the Catholic Church too. I put Paterno in the same category as some of the Catholic Bishops who moved the "Sanduskys" around from parish to parish, allowing continued abuse.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all your condemnation on the actions or lack of action, as you see it, for one man, your wrath would be much better spend on the Catholic church...
I'm well aware of the actions of the Catholic church. And I have more than enough contempt for child rapists and their enablers to go around. It's a matter I follow closely for reasons that will remain my own.

The greater scale on which various Catholic institutions have acted doesn't lessen or negate the actions of a couple of pieces of filth like Sandusky and Paterno.
Paterno, in my view, did society a favor by dying fairly quickly. I hope the same can soon be said of Sandusky.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 PM

Received 5,758 Likes on 3,393 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
Paterno, in my view, did society a favor by dying fairly quickly.
Thankfully that is your view, and thousands of people do not share it. As I've said before, I have no ties to Penn State, don't know Joe, don't even follow college sports but I still think he was a fall guy. It would seem I'm not alone - except maybe here - but that's ok. I still believe what someone said today - "He was a great coach but an even better person." So I guess we disagree. I feel your pain but I honestly believe you are directing it at the wrong person.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:27 AM

So I guess we disagree. I feel your pain but I honestly believe you are directing it at the wrong person.
Indeed we do. And I really couldn't care any less what thousands of others think of Paterno. It never ceases to disgust me as to what is tolerated, excused, or completely ignored of some people simply because they happen to be involved in some game.
Had it been my child that this "better person" turned his back on by becoming "confused" about what to do, I would have taken great pleasure in shattering all fourteen of his facial bones.
He was a rape-enabling POS. Now he's a dead POS. And my world, at least, is ever so slightly better for it.

While I genuinely appreciate the sentiment expressed and hold nothing but respect for you, unless you've been where I've been you don't know a thing about what I feel.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:43 AM

In my hurry to get my crown moulding caulked, I forgot the question I intended to ask.
How long do you suppose Paterno would have remained "confused" about what to do had he been informed that one of his children was seen being anally raped in the shower by Sandusky? Days? Years? Decades?
Since good, old, upstanding Joe is now rotting in a box, I guess we can only speculate.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 AM

Received 5,758 Likes on 3,393 Posts

We probably beat this one as much as we should. As you say, it's always different when it hits home.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

http://usnews.msnbc....-to-appeal?lite

So Sandusky is guilty on 45 counts.

I wonder;
How much will the state wind up paying to house this guy until he finally dies?
How long will he last in the big house before somebody puts a shiv in his ribs?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

I would think he has to be kept in solitary for the duration. He won't last long if he isn't.

This is a good article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a1
Old 06-23-2012, 03:38 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

I expected the conviction on most counts and I expected him to die in prison filing appeals as long as he could. I just hate it that for months/years/my lifetime, I'll have to hear this topic beaten to death in the media.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:19 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

I'm pleased with this verdict and another handed out in Chicago this week.

These "trusted adults" are finally getting some of what they deserve, they deserve more than jail for what they did to kids.

Quick Reply: Sometimes I get so sick of the media