S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Sometimes I get so sick of the media

Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
Originally Posted by Legal Bill' timestamp='1321538456' post='21163617
While I know this story is fascinating, it makes me wonder why we as a society do not pay this level of attention to the thousands of cases of child molestation that happen every year in this country. Perhaps the perps are not as well known as the crew at Penn State, but the victims are every bit as traumatized.
Probably because of the high profile nature of the perpetrators and the fact that a stately institution of higher learning would allow (or ignore) the goings on right under their educated noses. Children were entrusted to his tutelage and care and he violated that trust. We do not expect the lowest dregs of society (child molesters) to be in the employ of such a place. It is similar to the reason the catholic molestations were so horribly heinous. These men were trusted and high profile by virtue of their positions in life and their employer. AND the employer(s) in both instances covered up their crimes and appeared to care not a whit about the damage done to the children.
Val, you have summed it up very well. I hope there is a special place in hell for child molesters, and those that enabled the acts will be close by.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now we have to consider Syracuse University's basketball program? How deep and prevalent does this abomination go?
Old 11-18-2011, 03:22 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

Who knows...but the perv definitely shouldn't have given an interview. Peeps were so outraged that many more are now coming forward with charges back to the 70s.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by raymo19
So now we have to consider Syracuse University's basketball program? How deep and prevalent does this abomination go?
Saw a blip on the news this morning that another church's "leaders" have been accused of child molestation and sexual deviancy. Ghandi said "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." We treat our animals better than we treat our children.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:37 AM

Received 5,758 Likes on 3,393 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
Originally Posted by raymo19' timestamp='1321579242' post='21165921
Saw a blip on the news this morning that another church's "leaders" have been accused of child molestation and sexual deviancy. Ghandi said "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." We treat our animals better than we treat our children.
Not always............http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index...4a34eb0613e468
Old 11-18-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by raymo19
My nephew graduated from Syracuse about two years ago. He wasn't on the basketball team, but was in the school band and traveled with the team. Wonder if he heard rumors about this perv.

Where there is a perv, there generally is some
Old 11-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1321620161' post='21166877
[quote name='raymo19' timestamp='1321579242' post='21165921']
Not always............http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index...4a34eb0613e468
[/quote]

Dave, that's just totally depraved.

Since this thread is about being sick of the media . . . come on, do we really want to be bombarded on every single news channel about the break up of Demi Moore and her child husband? Were we all so stupid as to think that was a life long union? I couldn't care less who's married to whom in Hollywood. The blathering idiots are all goofily sitting in front of the cameras analyzing the relationship.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:14 AM

Penn State and now Syracuse are in the news for what I think are valid reasons, though the talking heads seem to even when there is nothing new to report. I agree with Val, I really don't care about Demi and Ashton. I don't care about Lindsay, and many of the others who seem to make headline "news." I don't know who these people are. They aren't curing cancer or stomping out hunger, or helping towards world peace, so why should I care what they are doing?

We know it's a rating game. Someone obviously cares about these things, and must be tuning in.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey
. . . I agree with Val, I really don't care about Demi and Ashton. I don't care about Lindsay, and many of the others who seem to make headline "news." I don't know who these people are. They aren't curing cancer or stomping out hunger, or helping towards world peace, so why should I care what they are doing? . . .
That's my big beef with the "news".
Old 11-18-2011, 08:39 AM

Received 5,758 Likes on 3,393 Posts

It's starting to sound like a cranky old folks thread. Entertainment (tv, movies, sports, music) has replaced manufacturing. If it was not for those industries along with financial manipulators, crooks in DC, and Facebook where would we be?

Quick Reply: Sometimes I get so sick of the media