S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Sometimes I get so sick of the media

Old 11-16-2011, 04:20 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
Originally Posted by boltonblue' timestamp='1321407597' post='21159474
So if anyone feels sorry for Joe Paterno, I just read about his retirement package.

Somehow, and I have I hard time understanding how he's going to be able to do it,
but Joe P. is going to have to be able to get by on only $544,000.00 a year.

maybe he can get a job at Walmart as a greeter or something.
Hate to say it (not really) but I told you so. I posted earlier he wouldn't be suffering after leaving his post. Makes me want to There's always the hope that some of the victims will win civil suits against him and collect some of that pay.
Yep, you were right. Too bad he's not in military service where they could strip him of his rank and knock down his pension. He's been on his little pedestal way too long.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to say it (not really) but I told you so. I posted earlier he wouldn't be suffering after leaving his post. Makes me want to There's always the hope that some of the victims will win civil suits against him and collect some of that pay.
Maybe not. Just read on Yahoo! that in July of this year (about 4 months before everything hit the fan), JoPa transferred ownership of his home to his wife for $1. For such a strange move, it is fanning speculation that he knew something was going to happen and so he acted to protect his assets from any personal liability claims. I'd venture to guess that JoPa does not own anything at this point.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteS2k
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1321449107' post='21160412
Maybe not. Just read on Yahoo! that in July of this year (about 4 months before everything hit the fan), JoPa transferred ownership of his home to his wife for $1. For such a strange move, it is fanning speculation that he knew something was going to happen and so he acted to protect his assets from any personal liability claims. I'd venture to guess that JoPa does not own anything at this point.
You're probably dead on, Whites. He was protecting his hide. Hell is not hot enough for the likes of him and his cronies -- and especially not hot enough for Sandusky. Of course he would argue that it is not unusual for the wealthy to place homes, etc. in their spouses' names when planning their estates, which I'm sure he would argue he was doing.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been critical of Mike McQueary's actions, based on the information in the grand jury report. Now, there are emails that indicate that he stopped the rape and reported it to the police. If the emails are true and the grand jury report misrepresented his testimony, I retract my criticisms of his actions.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

The police have no record of his having reported anything. Why would he lie to the grand jury, then email his friends the true version? Makes no sense - serious repercussions for lying to a grand jury. I'm not buying his story.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the grand jury testimony, McQueary may not have been asked the right questions. After all, it's not a "tell us all you know" sort of thing -- it's specific questions from a prosecutor, and any attorney will advise you to confine your answers to only the questions asked.

There was an interesting discussion of this by a sports attorney somewhere (maybe the ESPN site, I don't remember), who knows both how the process works and how the sports-organization pieces fit together.

Now, I didn't read the testimony, so I don't know what he was asked or how he answered -- maybe that widely quoted email (about how he did report it to the campus police) is just bogus. On the other hand, there's no reason, at this point, to trust that the campus police have to say. They have their own CYA agenda. HPH
Old 11-17-2011, 03:06 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by DrCloud
I. . . I don't know what he was asked or how he answered -- maybe that widely quoted email (about how he did report it to the campus police) is just bogus. On the other hand, there's no reason, at this point, to trust that the campus police have to say. They have their own CYA agenda. HPH
There is absolutely no reason to trust anything that comes out of that institution whose ONLY agenda is cya.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:39 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by DrCloud' timestamp='1321531272' post='21163439
I. . . I don't know what he was asked or how he answered -- maybe that widely quoted email (about how he did report it to the campus police) is just bogus. On the other hand, there's no reason, at this point, to trust that the campus police have to say. They have their own CYA agenda. HPH
There is absolutely no reason to trust anything that comes out of that institution whose ONLY agenda is cya.
x 1000!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:00 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

While I know this story is fascinating, it makes me wonder why we as a society do not pay this level of attention to the thousands of cases of child molestation that happen every year in this country. Perhaps the perps are not as well known as the crew at Penn State, but the victims are every bit as traumatized.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
While I know this story is fascinating, it makes me wonder why we as a society do not pay this level of attention to the thousands of cases of child molestation that happen every year in this country. Perhaps the perps are not as well known as the crew at Penn State, but the victims are every bit as traumatized.
Probably because of the high profile nature of the perpetrators and the fact that a stately institution of higher learning would allow (or ignore) the goings on right under their educated noses. Children were entrusted to his tutelage and care and he violated that trust. We do not expect the lowest dregs of society (child molesters) to be in the employ of such a place. It is similar to the reason the catholic molestations were so horribly heinous. These men were trusted and high profile by virtue of their positions in life and their employer. AND the employer(s) in both instances covered up their crimes and appeared to care not a whit about the damage done to the children.

Quick Reply: Sometimes I get so sick of the media