S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Sometimes I get so sick of the media

Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

another insight on msnbc from Matt Paknis who was an assistant coach at Penn while Sandusky was on staff.
Paknis was also a victim of sexual abuse as a kid.

It's probably not much of surprise that he doesn't have kind things to say about Paterno or Sandusky.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boltonblue
another insight on msnbc from Matt Paknis who was an assistant coach at Penn while Sandusky was on staff.
Paknis was also a victim of sexual abuse as a kid.

It's probably not much of surprise that he doesn't have kind things to say about Paterno or Sandusky.
I found this statement echos what many of us feel about the incident where Mike McQueary walked in on the commission of a felony:

“I hate to throw stones, because I wasn’t there,” Paknis says. “I would like to like think I would have controlled my rage enough not to kill Jerry. But I would have responded in a physical way, with my main objective to protect the young boy. Taken him to police, and left Jerry incapacitated.”

Mike McQueary played 4 years for Paterno, then was a graduate assistant under him for two more. When confronted with a felony rape in progress, his moral compass led him to the conclusion that the proper course of action was to walk away. I guess if he hadn't benefited from 6 years of Paterno character-building...
Old 11-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

OMG...I read excerpts from an interview with the perv in 1987 where he said he loved working with kids and they were so much fun to be around. So disgusting...
Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Member (Premium)

it's quite often that a character will be described as " a great guy, really above reproach".
a month ago, Paterno probably had that rating. He was to many, a demi-god.
His program, a model for all to follow.
it certainly appears that this apple had been rotting for a long time before it showed through the skin.

the other thing i have found interesting is the incestuous nature of many involved.

gov corbett had been the DA involved. and was on the PSU board of trustees.

The judge who just gave Sandusky bail, had volunteered to Second Mile.
Somehow she couldn't see that as a conflict of interest.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:28 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

I could not believe that judge did not recuse herself.

I heard some of the Sandusky interview this AM. The guy is delusional. I can't believe his attorney would think it would be in his best interest to give that interview.

Yes, I put my hand on the legs of kids but it wasn't with sexual intent. We were horsing around in the shower? Please.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:18 AM

Received 5,758 Likes on 3,393 Posts

My son sees conspiracy and cover up in every story we discuss (i.e., the US never really landed on the moon, the US concealed finding aliens, JFK's killers are still free, etc.). You get the idea. Although we have not discussed PSU, by all accounts he would be right this time.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Member (Premium)

So if anyone feels sorry for Joe Paterno, I just read about his retirement package.

Somehow, and I have I hard time understanding how he's going to be able to do it,
but Joe P. is going to have to be able to get by on only $544,000.00 a year.

maybe he can get a job at Walmart as a greeter or something.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:05 PM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

So if anyone feels sorry for Joe Paterno, I just read about his retirement package.

Somehow, and I have I hard time understanding how he's going to be able to do it,

Hope he doesn't end up on food stamps.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:31 PM

Received 5,758 Likes on 3,393 Posts

Originally Posted by hecash
Had this gutless puke done what was right to protect a child at that time, none of us would be here speculating about what should or should not have been done by others.
Harry, I couldn't agree more.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:11 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Hate to say it (not really) but I told you so. I posted earlier he wouldn't be suffering after leaving his post. Makes me want to There's always the hope that some of the victims will win civil suits against him and collect some of that pay.

Quick Reply: Sometimes I get so sick of the media