S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

So you had a bad day

Old 03-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,547 Likes on 1,917 Posts

^That sucks, Dave.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well since this is bad day figured I'd post here. The woman I had picked out a ring for decided to go and cheat on me. We had plans to move to Florida together (I still am because I'm not letting this get me down), and I had a ring picked out to propose once we arrived. Guess the next ap1/2 I get into will have to have a different FL native in the seat which sucks, but I've been trying to take it as I can. School has been miserable (reason she said she cheated) but will finish things out. Well that's my sob story, and I don't feel the need for anyone to feel bad but for me its tough. Guess my love will go to my vehicles once again lol.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:33 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Bummer...good luck with your move. You'll find someone who doesn't make excuses for her actions.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Well yesterday was a not so good day as plumbing probs have developed. I'm very grateful that whoever designed/built this house put two potties in the master bath. One is not flushing. Plumber will be coming probably sometime today and after he leaves I'll have to scrub down the master bath in a biohazard suit.

Edit: My back pain has ramped itself up to the point that I'm having difficulty moving, but if I don't move it'll be worse when I do move. I guess its getting to be time to pull out the prescription pain relievers. The OTC stuff is just not doing the job anymore. Poo. I'd rather be beaten with an ugly stick than go back to the neurologist.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:27 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

I hope you get things sorted out soon.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:14 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
I hope you get things sorted out soon.
Thanks, MsP. It'll be okay if I can just deal for a while. I think the unseasonably cold temps have a lot to do with the increased pain. I'm trying to take care of it without resorting to prescription pain meds. I'm having some spasms in my back and drinking tonic water is helpful so I'm hoping it resolves itself soon. I'm still walking every day in the hopes that'll strengthen the back and loosen up the muscles. We'll see.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:57 AM

Received 3,223 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Bummer on the plumbing problems, and more so on the back issues, Val. Maybe an appointment with a massage therapist would help?

Hope it gets sorted out quickly so you can play in your yard.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 AM

Received 5,801 Likes on 3,420 Posts

Originally Posted by dolsiac
Well since this is bad day figured I'd post here. The woman I had picked out a ring for decided to go and cheat on me. ...................
Guess my love will go to my vehicles once again lol.
That's suck big time. I hope you don't have to go through women like you have cars to find the right one..... that's some list.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Not really having a bad day, just need to bitch. I am the treasurer for our Homeowners' Association, and as such, am responsible for sending out the annual bills for dues. There are 127 property owners, and it takes quite a bit of time to do the billing, not to mention making sure the books are OK. I sent out the bills in mid-January, requesting immediate payment, but stating that Feb. 28th was the latest date to pay. Well, as of today, 23 property owners have not paid, so I have spent the better part of this morning printing and mailing Past Due notices to these folks. Now, you have to realize that our neighborhood, while not extremely upscale, is still composed of custom homes, no two are alike, so one would think that the owners could afford the measly $75 per year dues, and pay promptly.This is especially frustrating since most associations have dues of that much or more per month. Sheesh! I'll bet that I'll have to send out another letter to a few of these owners.

OK, thanks for letting me get that off my chest! Off to the PO to mail these letters.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

:bitchfest=on:

Well today is day two of a teacher strike at the school system where my wife Patty teaches. I am having a hard time keeping my mouth shut but I know if I truly tell my wife how I feel she will slap me silly.

I support her in making her decision to strike but I think what they are doing is stupid. Some of the union members public actions have been thugish and should stop. Some of the BOE actions have been childish and hopefully will be remembered come election time.

:bitchfest=off:

Quick Reply: So you had a bad day