S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

So you had a bad day

Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Barb, I am so sorry for you and Matt. Hang in there.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barb and Matt:

Hang in there; life will get better.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plantpixie

My mom's memorial was on Saturday. She was very sick for a long time but still it is hard to let go. Her service was beautiful and I held up well. (Matt did not) I will miss her always.
I am sorry for your loss. I retract what I said about my bad days. This really put it in perspective for me.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 AM

Thanks to everyone for the condolences.

My Mom commented the 1st time she got into the S was "where is the oh, Jesus handle?" She was great!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

My ice auger that dispenses ice on demand from my fridge froze up this morning and when I removed it from the fridge to dump it and clean it out it made a huge mess of little ice shards all over the floor necessitating a floor mopping before breakfast this morning. GRRRRRRRR - not a good way to start the day.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

There are many people who are having worse days than I can even dream of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-FBd8Fcyu4

Couldn't help but notice that perhaps the guy who posted this was having a bad day too. There are only 18 tales of woe.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Originally Posted by silvershadow' timestamp='1358836851' post='22282508
I try not to have bad days, but with the health issues last fall and my continuing recovery, I have a bad day every once in awhile. It is mainly centered around things I can't do. For example, we have a water softener that takes salt for regeneration. My wife buys 40 pound bags of salt. I used to carry two bags from the car to the softener. She bought one bag a few days ago. I went to take it out of the car and couldn't budge it.

I consider myself enlightened but I have to say that getting my wife to carry the salt bag was a real hit to the ego, and sent me off on a bad day. Everyone says that they are amazed at the progress I am making, but I get frustrated with things like the above example. Then I have crises of confidence - what if I don't get better, why is it taking so long for me to walk again, how long is it going to take before I have a semblance of my normal life before this happened and how much work is it going to take. These are the kinds of thoughts that send me off to having a bad day.

I try and keep a sense of humor and a positive attitude about my plight, but sometimes I just can't.

Yeah, that's hard stuff John. Is physical therapy a solution?
I am in physical therapy 3 times a week. I feel like I am back lifting weights because I am sore every day but Sunday.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by plantpixie

My mom's memorial was on Saturday. She was very sick for a long time but still it is hard to let go. Her service was beautiful and I held up well. (Matt did not) I will miss her always.

First off, thank you to all that posted condolences.

I did get a bit teary eyed no matter how stoic I tried to be. I could not find the faucet to turn off the tear ducts no matter how hard I tried. Barbara's Mother was a wonderful, kind and thoughtful person that was as sweet as could be. And as the perfect Mother-in-Law never meddled in our lives. With that stated even though she was battling her illness for several years at her memorial service I could not help but think of my own Mother who will be ninety-five in May of this year. I am not looking forward to the inevitable.

I know that death is a part of life and it never bothered me to attend funerals until my Father died. It changed something in me emotionally.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:39 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

My last few days have been better. I hope all of you have been having better days.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:44 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

When ever I am having a bad day I watch the videos from Nick Vujicic which can be found by searching on Youtube.com It pretty much puts things in a perspective that makes me feel a lot better. Let me know if it works for you?

Quick Reply: So you had a bad day