S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

So you had a bad day

Old 03-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,041 Likes on 2,685 Posts

hmmm...
or when the co worker explicitly asks you not to change something while they debug a problem.
and then their boss bitches to senior management that you're late updating the system...?
sort of like that?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:10 PM

Received 3,223 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Not a bad day compared to many, but this is the place to vent, right? My brother turned my OK day into an annoying one. He and another sibling tend to decide my mother needs something then they aren't around to provide technical support or whatever is needed. Newest gadget a new set of cordless phones for Mom. Mom has a very hard time learning new things these days. She was perfectly happy with her old phone.

Tonight he called and asked if I would put one of the phones back on her desk. I had removed it when she had computer issues as I thought it may be to close to the modem. He told me I could tell him no, and I did. I don't think he was happy with me. She can bring a phone to the computer if needed. She has another phone in the same room. She has an answering machine that will kick on if she can't get up quickly enough to grab a call. I dealt with her computer issues for two weeks. It appears her problem was related to an outside wire and perhaps the cordless phone had nothing to do with her issues, however I'm not in the mood to go into test mode. If she can't get on line, she calls me, not him.

He also asked if I had programmed my sister's new phone numbers into the new phone. I had re-programmed one of her numbers as he forgot to add the "1"for long distance, but I didn't know I was supposed to enter her newest number. I guess that's my job too, but I didn't get the memo.

I wouldn't resent his requests so much if he was someone Mom could call/count on if she needed something in the middle of the night or in the morning. Nope he has bad habits he doesn't care to deal with (has admitted as much) and has let it be known he isn't available until noon or so. He does have a hard time getting around, also a result of his bad habits/choices, so the "trip" into Mom's apartment is a not easy. I understand, but I'm out of patience with his self inflicted problems.

/rant
Old 03-07-2013, 04:29 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Not a bad day compared to many, but this is the place to vent, right? My brother turned my OK day into an annoying one. He and another sibling tend to decide my mother needs something then they aren't around to provide technical support or whatever is needed. Newest gadget a new set of cordless phones for Mom. Mom has a very hard time learning new things these days. She was perfectly happy with her old phone.

Tonight he called and asked if I would put one of the phones back on her desk. I had removed it when she had computer issues as I thought it may be to close to the modem. He told me I could tell him no, and I did. I don't think he was happy with me. She can bring a phone to the computer if needed. She has another phone in the same room. She has an answering machine that will kick on if she can't get up quickly enough to grab a call. I dealt with her computer issues for two weeks. It appears her problem was related to an outside wire and perhaps the cordless phone had nothing to do with her issues, however I'm not in the mood to go into test mode. If she can't get on line, she calls me, not him.

He also asked if I had programmed my sister's new phone numbers into the new phone. I had re-programmed one of her numbers as he forgot to add the "1"for long distance, but I didn't know I was supposed to enter her newest number. I guess that's my job too, but I didn't get the memo.

I wouldn't resent his requests so much if he was someone Mom could call/count on if she needed something in the middle of the night or in the morning. Nope he has bad habits he doesn't care to deal with (has admitted as much) and has let it be known he isn't available until noon or so. He does have a hard time getting around, also a result of his bad habits/choices, so the "trip" into Mom's apartment is a not easy. I understand, but I'm out of patience with his self inflicted problems.

/rant
I feel some of your pain...

I'm tech support for my parents.... sister... brother....
Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 PM

Thanks, Mike. Mom has more needs of late, my last local sister and I are coordinating pretty well to see that Mom has what she needs, meanwhile my brother lives in his own world....
Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

:bitchfest=on:

The strike continues....TodaycPatty's car got egged.

I don't like the strike but I dislike someone who egged her car even more.

:bitchfest=off:
Old 03-08-2013, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
:bitchfest=on:

The strike continues....TodaycPatty's car got egged.

I don't like the strike but I dislike someone who egged her car even more.

:bitchfest=off:
I've never understood why anyone would egg someone's car.....

All it does is just throw more gasoline onto the fire....

Hope you got the egg off before it did any damage....
Old 03-08-2013, 02:17 AM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts

.....about to have a "Bad"....day !!!

...root planing / scaling...this afternoon, as well as an upper molar...extraction !!!

...there goes my weekend !!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:59 AM

Doesn't sound like a fun day Denny......

If you don't want the dentist to do it, let me know and I'll bring over my dremmel and do it for you!

I mean.... what are friends for!
Old 03-08-2013, 04:09 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

My mother had a bad day yesterday. She was almost broadsided at an intersection by an idiot who ran a red light. She was about to turn left. He swerved just in time and kept going. She doesn't drive much - just a bit locally. She was on her way to the hairdresser. Shook her up pretty badly. She's not going out today.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 AM

^
Things like that take away their confidence when driving. My mother has not driven in over a month due to weather, and the discomfort she has walking to get to her own vehicle. I'm not sure she'll be driving much longer. We'll see what happens when the weather improves.

Quick Reply: So you had a bad day