S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

So you had a bad day

Old 03-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

After reading all the trials and tribs in this thread I find that my back pain and plumbing sitch is minor by comparison. Oh, the plumber will be here tomorrow afternoon, so I'm chillin' til then.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Gene, we have the same problems with our MG club dues ($20-online newsletter or $35-printed newsletter). Hardly a deal breaker.

Feb 1 notice
Mar 1 due
Mar 2 past due notices
Mar 15 delinquent members contacted
Apr 1 roster finalized

As of today 36% are past due.

NOW, for my bitch. Sat at the Sec of States Office this PM. I was #66 and they were serving #16 when I got there. I was doing a 10-year renewal for antique plates and they said to bring in proof of ins. I already renewed ins till 3/23/14 and showed them the proof. NO GOOD. Had to prove it was in effect today. I'd already toss out the old proof and replaced it with the new. And, of course, they can't call anyone or look up anything...... must have the same little piece of paper they have been using since Ford sent his first car down the line. So I sat there for over an hour for nothing and have to go back in 3 weeks.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,040 Likes on 2,684 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by paS2K' timestamp='1362509833' post='22382002
Our little cul-de-sac is only 35 homes, but we have the equivalent of an HOA. We maintain the "common green", main loop roadway and service drives, trees, leaf-raking and snow plowing. Dues are $450/yr and we also have laggards in payment. The treasurer is a young lady who is net savvy and she deluges the late-payers with weekly emails. Most people pay up before the annual meeting in early February...lest their name be read out loud to their assembled fellow homeowners

Unless there is a reason in Bylaws to NOT do it, I suggest any group like this have a "late charge" for each month "past due". Some people just don't want to do that....meanwhile wasting the time of volunteer officers like you
Jerry, I would love to use e-mail to send late notices, but we have several owners who either don't have e-mail or refuse to give me their addresses. We also have in our by-laws the ability to assess a late charge, but I haven't done that in the past. Maybe time to start? I'll see how the response from this round of letters pans out.

I probably wouldn't last very long as treasurer but...
I'd simply mail everyone a list of who had paid in full and who had not yet paid.
Forget the late fee, just use public humiliation.
The simple power of moral suasion.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:27 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1362510664' post='22382043
[quote name='paS2K' timestamp='1362509833' post='22382002']
Our little cul-de-sac is only 35 homes, but we have the equivalent of an HOA. We maintain the "common green", main loop roadway and service drives, trees, leaf-raking and snow plowing. Dues are $450/yr and we also have laggards in payment. The treasurer is a young lady who is net savvy and she deluges the late-payers with weekly emails. Most people pay up before the annual meeting in early February...lest their name be read out loud to their assembled fellow homeowners

Unless there is a reason in Bylaws to NOT do it, I suggest any group like this have a "late charge" for each month "past due". Some people just don't want to do that....meanwhile wasting the time of volunteer officers like you
Jerry, I would love to use e-mail to send late notices, but we have several owners who either don't have e-mail or refuse to give me their addresses. We also have in our by-laws the ability to assess a late charge, but I haven't done that in the past. Maybe time to start? I'll see how the response from this round of letters pans out.

I'd simply mail everyone a list of who had paid in full and who had not yet paid.
[/quote]

I like the way you think but you are right you probably would not be there very long.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

^^^It is also unethical (IMO), if not illegal. (But it would probably work!)
Old 03-05-2013, 07:41 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

If anyone of yous guys came to AZ and didn't ring me up, I'd have to post in this thread. I'm just stuck for the third day of an asbestos inspector training class. Argh! Federal regulations out the ying-yang!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:30 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by boltonblue' timestamp='1362537100' post='22383179
[quote name='jukngene' timestamp='1362510664' post='22382043']
[quote name='paS2K' timestamp='1362509833' post='22382002']

[/quote]

I like the way you think but you are right you probably would not be there very long.
[/quote]

Last year I was at a high end golf club in Louisville (one of my vendors took me to show it off, he belongs to it).....

He made it a point to show me a list hanging on one of the walls that showed who was late with their payments!

Said most people get off the list real quick when they see that they are on it.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 AM

OK... bitch time....

Don't you just love it when you have been asking for information from co-workers..... for months...

Then the co-workers boss goes off on you saying "why are you late getting the program started?".... all of this done in front of the co-worker you have been asking for the information from....

And the co-worker just sits there and says nothing?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:48 AM

Received 3,223 Likes on 1,865 Posts

^
Throw him under the bus!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
OK... bitch time....Don't you just love it when you have been asking for information from co-workers..... for months...Then the co-workers boss goes off on you saying "why are you late getting the program started?".... all of this done in front of the co-worker you have been asking for the information from....And the co-worker just sits there and says nothing?

Originally Posted by Lainey
^Throw him under the bus!
Bus had already left for the day!

Quick Reply: So you had a bad day