S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

So... What do you think about 2007?

Old 01-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,956 Likes on 1,749 Posts

We are grateful you are alive, too!!
Old 01-02-2007, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vicki, keep strong and keep posting, you have friends in this forum that are pulling for you even though you don't know who some of us are. Don't give in, get everything you deserve. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope everyone has a better year. I hope our country does as well.
Patty and Vicky, as much as it just sucks right now, it really will get better. Really!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by frank b,Jan 2 2007, 10:02 AM
Patty and Vicky, as much as it just sucks right now, it really will get better. Really!
Listen to him, ladies, he's right, even if you can't see it right now. My heart goes out to anyone going through a divorce, especially after a long marriage. Just remember that the present pain is only a stretch along the long road to recovery and healing. Drive very carefully along this treacherous stretch and coast when you need to. Friends, family, counselors, and Vintage have been a tremendous asset in helping me reach the end of that particular road and getting onto the freeway and opening up a bit (okay, a lot). We're here for you both in public and in private if you need us. Be gentle and kind to yourselves ladies as you tread through and sooner or later, you'll be able to hit cruise contol and enjoy the rest of this ride we call life.

Happy New Year (anyhow)!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:35 AM

Well said Granny
Old 01-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

+1 and I were just speaking of how much owning the S cars and joining the club has changed our lives and perspective. The people here are absolutely great.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 AM

Jeez, I almost don't want to post. Patty and Vicki, I don't really know either of you, but I wish youthe best.
2006 was a good year all around and 07 looks to be the same or better but a year closer to retirement. The incoming governor has pledged to release funds for private sector human service workers so +1 will be getting a raise. We're sort of planning a 4 day trip up to the Burlington area to spend time with one of her high school friends, though she wants to take the Subaru. There may be a flight to Kentucky to see her college roomie in the fall. I will be returning to one of the biggest model figure shows in the east in Valley Forge in May. Hopefully, I'll get to Lime Rock Park to watch some sports car racing this season.
It's 2 January, the sun is shining, it's 44 degrees and there's no snow in the forecast. We're pretty healthy, her father's still doing well at 81. Guess it's pretty good.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ajlafleche,Jan 2 2007, 01:44 PM
Jeez, I almost don't want to post. Patty and Vicki, I don't really know either of you, but I wish youthe best.
2006 was a good year all around and 07 looks to be the same or better
It's okay AJ, we're always glad to hear any good news in any year, it's just that we circle our wagons around any of our family members who are hurting, that's all. The fact that we're all still here, good, bad, or indifferent year, is all that really matters.

We're an odd lot!

But a good lot!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,496 Likes on 1,897 Posts

Originally Posted by ajlafleche,Jan 2 2007, 11:44 AM
Oh, no! Please always post. Everyone has bad times and good times. Gotta go through hell before you get to heaven, you know?
Old 01-02-2007, 01:28 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Great thread Patty. Having an opportunity to vent is very cathartic (if that is a word). I'm sorry to hear about the divorce situations. I've been lucky in that respect and I am very thankful for it.

'06 was a year of death and dieing. My mother, Barbara's father, my partner at the firm... It seemed like a month didn't pass but someone died or was dieing.

My son Chris got his life on track. He is 10 months clean and sober. That is the most positive thing in my life right now. I hope I can get him to start taking classes and eventually get back to college full time.

The grand kids are great. It is so much fun to be a grand parent. Way more fun than being a parent.

The Austin Healey is starting to come together. It is still an uphill battle, but by installing a piece every day or two, eventually you run out of pieces and the car is done.

My work was a bear in 2006. I hope to get out to more meets and have more time for fun and relaxation in 2007.

Quick Reply: So... What do you think about 2007?