S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

So... What do you think about 2007?

Old 12-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

And I thought I had a tough year. My year was a walk in the park compared to Vicki's and Patricia's. My problems revolved around work, and in the scheme of things compared to what you two went through, mine issues were nothing.

2007 is going to be a better year than 2006. That's the way it's supposed to be, the natural order of things. Every year is supposed to be better than the one that came before.

Patricia, are you going to stay in California, or would you consider moving east?Maybe a change of location would do you good. We'd love to have you spend some time in New Jersey.

Vicki, why don't you start coming to more meets again? We become like family, and at least you'd have all of us.

The year will be what we make it, and I hope we make it a good one.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was sort of wondering what I wanted to post in this thread - I'm going to think about it some more.

I'm sorry to hear of the misfortune.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vmoul,Dec 31 2006, 03:36 PM
The end of 2005 I found out my husband was cheating on me. To top it all off with a woman he works wiht so every time he went off to work I knew he was with her all day and evening if he worked overtime. All of 2006 I lived with that and hoped he was having a mid life crisis and he would realise he had everthing he was chasing after right here.

On Dec 8th I had surgery on my shoulder, he took me to the surgery and up till then he was still acting as my husband in everyway except for his trysts with his girlfriend. On this past Friday he told me he was going to look for a place to live after the new year.

He told me I can stay living in his house as long as I pay the utilities and his mortgage payment. He said he would pay the land rent as long as he could leave his motorcycle in the garage. Nice........ I have to pay rent to my husband so he can go live with his girlfriend........He is leaving me with a 75 lb dog and no one in their right mind would rent an apt to me.

2006 was awful for me and I dont see 2007 as being any better.

I know, I havent posted in a long time or come to any meets, all of what has been going on is why.

I would not wish any thing like this on my worst enemy.

All of you, I hope you have a Happy New Year and things go better for you than they have for me.

Vicki
Vicki,

Sorry to hear you are going thru this. Stay close to this group. They will help you cope and you will grow from this. Patty is right, counseling would probably help alot. For what it's worth, I feel marital infidelity is one of the worst forms of abuse you can inflict on another human being. I don't know what makes people do this. If they don't want to be married to a person they should just say so and file for divorce. Wanting the best of both worlds, so to speak, is revolting IMHO. I think it's the worst form of betrayal.

Anyway, remember that you are not defined by this man. You are a complete person by yourself. You did not cause this nor are you in any way responsible for this. This was his choice. You had nothing to do with it. People are free to make their own choices, and regardless of thier situation, they do not have the right to abuse someone else in this way. My .02.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:35 PM

Received 3,195 Likes on 1,848 Posts

To those who have had a tough 2006, here's hoping 2007 is much better.

We have no complaints of 2006. It was a good year. We met more S2000 owners and made new friends. We participated in several great meets, and it was my pleasure to welcome so many Vintage friends to our "neck of the woods" at the Nor'Easter. It was such a memorable weekend.

We welcomed a new grandchild into our family and watched our first grandchild continue to grow up and start school.

We have each other, we are both employed and we both have our health. What more could/should we ask for? Nothing I can think of. I think we are doing OK!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,650 Posts

The next year should be interesting.

My oldest will graduate high school ( god willing and the creek don't rise) and will be off to college in the fall. the second son gets his license this year as well.
after years of persuing the next toy i'm shifting over to doing things instead.
we're finally planning a family ski trip out to whistler. Number one son and I will be waking the dragon this year. and with a little luck i'll finally get my wife out to the grand canyon which she wanted to do for quite a while.

my career doesn't dominate what I do any longer and since I have close to 20 working years left, a long term plan is required.

lastly will be the get the ol' body in shape this year.

oh yeah and i've got to finish that deck project.....

and to spend more time with my s2K buddies having finally found the time to get to some meets.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:43 PM

In retrospect, I had a very fortunate year. I sincerely regret other's misfortune and hope that 2007 brings comfort and order to your lives.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:44 PM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Nor'Easter:

Garage (beginning)
and after: ..so proud,all made by myself,with my own hands...

Christmas toy:

Looking forward to see you all in N.J.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Vickie, I agree with what OhioRacer and others have said. I am truly saddened by this horror you've endured for well over a year. I really, really hope you'll make it to some events, but whether you do or not, we'll be rooting for you and hoping for the best.

Patricia, dahlin', I wasn't sure of your addy when I sent out cards since I knew of some of the upheaval in your life. I was very late since some things were kind of wild and crazy and a bit out of control here toward the end of the year. Compared to what you and Vicki and others have experienced, it was but a ripple in the pond, but I just ran out of time and didn't get to e-mail to find out if you're at the same place. You know we you to death, our bi-coastal pal. I look forward to happier days for you as well.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:46 PM

Member (Premium)

Received 144 Likes on 89 Posts

When midnight comes tonight, I'll toast the new year and hope it brings happier times for those who have had a tough time in 2006.

We've had tough years in the past and it wasn't until then that I really understood why some people got so emotional about the new year coming in. I understand now.

All the best to my friends here!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras,Dec 31 2006, 12:24 PM
I'll start... I had some of the best times of my life in 2006, mostly because of Vintage meets, well, maybe all because of S2000 meets. Mystic wasn't a Vintage meet (the Nor'Easter) but it was definitely one of the high points of 2006 for me.
Here it is all these months later and Martha and I still talk about the Nor'Easter and the other get-togethers we've attended. We're very much looking forward to FFF II, SF07, and the all meets that we're able to attend next year.

Next year promises to be an interesting for us. Martha and I have adopted, in a manner of speaking, her niece who will be coming moving from Texas to live with us in March.

Quick Reply: So... What do you think about 2007?