S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

So... What do you think about 2007?

Old 12-31-2006, 08:24 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,496 Likes on 1,897 Posts
Default So... What do you think about 2007?

Vintage. It's the last day of 2006. Tomorrow is a new year. I'm wondering how people here feel about their past year and what they hope for in 2007.

I'll start... I had some of the best times of my life in 2006, mostly because of Vintage meets, well, maybe all because of S2000 meets. Mystic wasn't a Vintage meet (the Nor'Easter) but it was definitely one of the high points of 2006 for me. But had some tough times too, with my dad and putting him in Assisted Living, and now in the Alzheimer's unit.

Now, for 2007 I've got some big hopes and some big hurdles facing me, as I will deal with my divorce after 22 years of marriage. This next year will have lots of ups and downs, I'm sure, and it's not going to be easy by any means. My son will be starting college too. I think I can take that. I have to find someplace new to live. That isn't as scary as it sounded at first but it's still huge after 21 1/2 years here in the same town and house. At least I'm healthy.

What about you? Care to share?
Old 12-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,956 Likes on 1,749 Posts

^ It will be rough for awhile, Patty, but at the end of 2007, I'll bet things will have settled down considerably. I bought my first condo (in the same building where I moved to the current one) when I separated from my ex, and it's just about the best thing I've ever done. I loved it and really enjoyed being on my own for quite awhile before meeting the +1 almost two years ago (!). Good luck.

As for 2006, it was eventful. The +1 retired from the Navy and started a new job in private industry. After a bit of a shakeup when his company was bought out, he's doing better now and is being recruited by other companies, if he wants to make a change. To be determined...his son (his kids are visiting from FL) asked him the other day if we were going to get married (maybe eventually - who knows). He told him I would be a great stepmom, which made me feel really good.

My parents (90 and 84) continue to hang in there, although the planned move to assisted living this July will not happen, since my mom just doesn't want to leave their house of 40+ years. Can't blame them. I'll just get home care if necessary when the time comes. My 98 (soon to be 99) yr old aunt is still with us, although getting more frail. My sister is suffering some ongoing ailments which concern me, but so far she's holding her own. Bro is fine.

And as for my Vintage family, a few changes there, too, but all in all still a pretty tight group. Had some fun times in Mystic and Gettysburg, and looking forward to Spring Fling in May. Will have a new kitchen by then, so something else to look forward to. Hope some of you can come visit us. A trip to Charlottesville for the +1 to run another marathon is in the works for April, and a dude ranch with the kids is on tap for June. Also planning on the Garden State Gathering in Aug.

That's about it from moi. Who's next??!!
Old 12-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

We share Christmas Cards with some of you, so this is nothing new for you. I've copied the text of our Christmas lettter that is a capsule of our year. In case you do not notice, the highlights of our year all centered around you folks and this club. Perhaps it seems a little one-sided, but Jim and I have always been introverts and never really had a large group of friends (we do have a few), however, were it not for the club's activities and the rapport we have with you all, I suppose we'd spend a lot more time just hanging out at home with an occasional trip to the beach or someplace. We've traveled a fair amount throughout our lives, but you guys have enrichened that experience and I thank you all. The pictures that were in this little letter will probably not come through on the post, but thanks to all of you. You're close to my heart.

Greetings!! Wow, it has been another busy year!! We began the year by driving up to Washington, DC to meet with some of our friends from Toronto, Canada, who were visiting the Washington area. We were joined by mutual friends from Arlington and Maryland and had a delightful visit. Early in May of this year we enjoyed a beautiful week of rest and relaxation at gorgeous North Topsail Island in North Carolina. We caught up on reading, walked for miles and miles on glorious sandy beaches, flew kites and simply relaxed and enjoyed the beauty of God
Old 12-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,956 Likes on 1,749 Posts

Yikes...forgot to mention my new S bought in July! Darlene and I are competing with each other.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Dec 31 2006, 10:06 AM
^ It will be rough for awhile, Patty, but at the end of 2007, I'll bet things will have settled down considerably. I bought my first condo (in the same building where I moved to the current one) when I separated from my ex, and it's just about the best thing I've ever done. I loved it and really enjoyed being on my own for quite awhile before meeting the +1 almost two years ago (!). Good luck.
Thank you, Deb, for the Good luck and .

If I didn't have my dad here, my kids here, and lots of shine here, I'd be heading back east to be closer to this wonderful bunch of people, we call Vintage. Then I could drive my S to meets instead of getting on a plane everytime. 'Course, there are advantages to not having my car.

A condo sounds like a good idea. I just don't know where in So Cal I'll end up. I may rent first to get a feel for an area. Can't be too far from a decent sized airport either.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by valentine,Dec 31 2006, 10:14 AM
We share Christmas Cards with some of you, so this is nothing new for you...
Not me. Nice note, Val.

So, we have three women posting so far. Any guys going to join in? Maybe during the week?
Old 12-31-2006, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're hoping for a more consistent and predictable 2007.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The end of 2005 I found out my husband was cheating on me. To top it all off with a woman he works wiht so every time he went off to work I knew he was with her all day and evening if he worked overtime. All of 2006 I lived with that and hoped he was having a mid life crisis and he would realise he had everthing he was chasing after right here.

On Dec 8th I had surgery on my shoulder, he took me to the surgery and up till then he was still acting as my husband in everyway except for his trysts with his girlfriend. On this past Friday he told me he was going to look for a place to live after the new year.

He told me I can stay living in his house as long as I pay the utilities and his mortgage payment. He said he would pay the land rent as long as he could leave his motorcycle in the garage. Nice........ I have to pay rent to my husband so he can go live with his girlfriend........He is leaving me with a 75 lb dog and no one in their right mind would rent an apt to me.

2006 was awful for me and I dont see 2007 as being any better.

I know, I havent posted in a long time or come to any meets, all of what has been going on is why.

I would not wish any thing like this on my worst enemy.

All of you, I hope you have a Happy New Year and things go better for you than they have for me.

Vicki
Old 12-31-2006, 11:47 AM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras,Dec 31 2006, 03:14 PM
Not me. Nice note, Val.

So, we have three women posting so far. Any guys going to join in? Maybe during the week?
I'm a Guy,and joining in...
Hopes,for 2007??? To stay Healthy...;
For the rest,you can always manage.
As far as 2006,it was a good year for me,pretty busy...
Sold my condo,bought a new house,moved,attended my first gathering in Mystic, ,built a garage,and coming back from vacation in Playacar,yesterday,my +1 just found out,that Santa had brought her a new M-B.
And,we both are in pretty good shape...
Old 12-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by vmoul,Dec 31 2006, 12:36 PM
The end of 2005 I found out my husband was cheating on me. To top it all off with a woman he works wiht so every time he went off to work I knew he was with her all day and evening if he worked overtime. All of 2006 I lived with that and hoped he was having a mid life crisis and he would realise he had everthing he was chasing after right here...

Vicki
Vicki, that is the shits!!

My husband cheated on me too in 2001, but I saw it coming (also with his right-hand lady at work). I busted him the first night they were together, and she quit and we went to counseling. I kept it together for our kids's sake until this year. Now I'm the one who wants out, not him. Even though I know he could find a much better fit than me, he's feeling rejected instead of freed.

If you aren't seeing a family and marriage counselor, I highly suggest it. I have one I see off and on, when I feel like my head is screwed on cross-threaded. She helps me immensely. You know you shouldn't put up with this. You know you are in the dumps. He isn't a good guy to you. I also know I can type this but it doesn't help at all. I'm not one to talk, with some of the unmentioned stuff I've dealt with myself this year. That's why I go to my counselor.

I wish I could do something to help you. PM me if you want to.

Quick Reply: So... What do you think about 2007?