S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners
View Poll Results: When a cashier gives me too much change I...
Immediately return the excess amount the very moment I notice it.
52.94%
Put the change in my pocket.
0%
I go through a momentary internal debate, but then return the change.
17.65%
I go through a momentary internal debate but keep the change.
0%
I go through a momentary internal debate and the results vary depending on the circumstances.
5.88%
It depends on when I notice I got too much change. If I'm heading to home, it's too late.
23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

So how honest are you?

Old 10-14-2015, 07:04 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Nice story, Chaz. If I found money at that type of location, not sure I'd have thought to do what you did. Overall, I "think" I would hand back money handed to me in error immediately.

In the past when a local company hadn't processed a charge for a repair to our dryer, I called right away. Another time Rick was buying garden soil. He wanted four bags and grabbed four bags, not realizing they only charged him for two as he had also purchased other items. He went back the next day to correct the situation and I think the clerk at the store was shocked.

Recently after a trip to the grocery store, I noticed the charge I made with my debit card had not processed on the account. I thought some poor cashier might have had an issue and been fretting being off about $65.00. I called the store explained the situation and the employee checked and didn't find anything. Then she told me they had a system wide issue the night in question; she could not find my purchase. I mentioned this to my son who works for the company. It was a real mess he said, and he told me he doubted I'd end up charged. Over a month later and still no charge on the debit chard. I thought of calling the corporate office to give the the opportunity to charge me the $, but I haven't.....

Good for you. My first thought is "bonus cash!" Then I think "No, that's not right. Gotta give it back." Then I say, "I think you gave me too much change." and hand it back.