S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners
View Poll Results: Whadaya think of PRECIP these days?
Snow: I love it....I'll explain WHY if I want to
25.00%
Rain/mist: It's great.....my post will tell WHY
0%
Snow: I can take it or leave it because_____
16.67%
Rain/mist: Not fun for driving but we do need it
8.33%
Snow: I call it "white SH*T"...don't want any!
33.33%
Rain/mist: Rarely does it have anything to like
0%
ICE for me: Little known reason to like it
8.33%
No answer works for me; see my post
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

SNOW and....

Old 02-03-2014, 05:53 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default SNOW and....

How to do you react to precipitation? Neutral, like it, hate it, resent it, outliers: treasure it ?????

After deciding at 8 pm last eve to the P-car home from Manhattan (a very expensive place to vi$$$it) due to the threat of ***SNOW*** moving up the coast from Valentineland, I am now sitting on our second floor looking out at about 1 inch per hour. It's beautiful.

Thus, the idea to try to capture your thoughts on WHATEVER precipitation relates to your part of the country RIGHT NOW? For a lot of us, it's snow or its even worse liquid form: ICE BUT for Patty and other west coast friends, it might be the annual precip that is sorely missing thus far this year....both liquid and more solid forms.

This is your chance to express your love of (whatever), or VENT your anger!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:14 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[IMG] https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...04756235_n.jpg [/IMG]
Old 02-03-2014, 06:37 AM

Received 740 Likes on 501 Posts

Hate snow and ice. Cant wait to get to Florida this time of year. North Delaware getting lots of snow and lower slower getting lots of rain which is a good thing. Melts the $hit and cleans the salt off the roads.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:34 AM

Received 895 Likes on 473 Posts

I don't mind the initial snowfall. I think while it's white and undisturbed, it's great. My company is very safe- we were closed today (and when we're not, I can work from home) means I don't need to be on the roads and can just deal with the driveway/walk and watch. I might even go for some pictures in a bit.

However, once it gets dirty, ices over, it's just a nuisance.

If there was a guarantee that every snowfall would be followed 2 days later with 50s and wash it all away, I'd be exstatic.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:49 AM

Received 2,714 Likes on 1,615 Posts

If it has to be winter then let it snow and snow a lot. I like shoveling it, driving in it and playing in it. But when spring gets here it is time for the snow to go!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:40 AM

Received 1,439 Likes on 1,124 Posts

I'm ready for summer.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:35 PM

Received 204 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K
Thus, the idea to try to capture your thoughts on WHATEVER precipitation relates to your part of the country RIGHT NOW? For a lot of us, it's snow or its even worse liquid form: ICE BUT for Patty and other west coast friends, it might be the annual precip that is sorely missing thus far this year....both liquid and more solid forms.
Right now, we very badly need rain. 2013 was the driest year ever since they began keeping record of such things. That's more than a century! And we've had several dry years leading up to this point too. So we are in a bit of a hurt here on many levels. Look to prices of many items (mostly food) that comes out of CA to go up all across the country if rain dances don't start working here pretty soon.

While I don't enjoy having to drive in the rain (it's just annoying and unpleasant, you know?), I would not complain about it one bit because we so desperately need it. And the Sierras need snow! That is where we get our drinking water from and they aren't getting any snow up there. So, while you don't hear us complaining on a regular basis, the situation is pretty serious and severe here and I'm honestly kind of shocked they haven't been telling people to go easy on the water usage (shorter showers, cut back on watering, etc). I've been turning off water when I brush my teeth and stuff. I know it's only a little bit, but it adds up and ya gotta start somewhere, right?
Old 02-03-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 3,729 Likes on 2,515 Posts

it's called weather. quit F'n whining.
whining is only allowed when the snow depth exceeds 4 feet or the water depth exceeds 3 inches.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:48 PM

Received 204 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
whining is only allowed when the snow depth exceeds 4 feet or the water depth exceeds 3 inches.
I didn't hear anything in that about drought so I'm gonna whine my foo' a$$ off!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 2,714 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue

Quick Reply: SNOW and....