S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Skiing 24-25

Old Today | 09:54 AM
20 Year Member

Though I have lived in New England pretty much all of my life, I've never gone skiing. I had opportunities for free lodging with sisters living to the north. However, I don't like the cold weather enough to spend money to hit the slopes. It's not a cheap sport,especially if you have to go on weekends. Down the line both sisters moved south. One gave up skiing a few years before she moved south. She said she just didn't feel comfortable on the slopes any more. She was not even 50 when she gave it up.
Old Today | 11:09 AM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

[QUOTE=Lainey;25086459]Though I have lived in New England pretty much all of my life, I've never gone skiing. I had opportunities for free lodging with sisters living to the north. However, I don't like the cold weather enough to spend money to hit the slopes. It's not a cheap sport,especially if you have to go on weekends. Down the line both sisters moved south. One gave up skiing a few years before she moved south. She said she just didn't feel comfortable on the slopes any more. She was not even 50 when she gave it up.[/QUOTE}

It's not uncommon for an out of control snowboarder to take out a skier. When I volunteered at Saddleback Memorial Hospital in Laguna Hills, CA there was a well respected surgeon who did breast cancer surgeries on a regular basis. The families and patients loved him. He was very kind and caring when I saw him visit people in the surgery waiting room. He was snow skiing and was hit from behind by a snowboarder. His leg or knee was damaged so badly that he had to quit performing surgeries. It was a hit and run.

I recently saw this on Facebook. The snowboarder looked hurt too.

Old Today | 01:17 PM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Folks, especially younger folks do stupid things. I had a situation where an a$$hole going way way too fast on a family trail buzzed over my kids tips wiping him out.
Barb took care of Jon while I put it in high gear finally catching up to him at the lift lines.
I took my time and carefully explained the error of this skiing technique. or maybe something like that*.

*PSA: Jerry has an inner demon. You really don't want to meet this demon as it has anger management issues and very little restraint.