S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Sixth Annual Tomcatt Run!

Old 05-23-2011, 07:07 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by JonasM
The owner of the Muddy Miser suggested a change for this year. He has recently opened a new restaurant across the street called Jack Havanas's. I suspect he suggested this because this way he doesn't have to arrange kitchen and wait staff to open up off-hours. Jack Havana's opens Saturday at noon, and I will ask if he can reserve a section of the place just for us.

It's a wing, burger and smokehouse cuisine with Carribean and Cuban influences. Sounds good, so I thought we'll try it out this year.

JonasM
At SF11 Canberra made the observation that the Muddy Miser may be flooded due to all the flooding problems in the Mid-West. I wonder if that is the case as the Muddy Miser is right on the river?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Well, it's the same owner, so hopefully it will be just as good, just different cuisine. Looking at the menu on the site, it's definitely more extensive. We'll see - next year we can always ask to go back to the Miser.

The flooding doesn't seem to have been as bad as in 2004 from the reports I've seen. I'm more concerned about Rt 26. I hope to go check it out the weekend before (Sam, are you listening?)

JonasM
Old 05-24-2011, 05:23 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Please place me somewhere in Sam's spirited group. Hopefully towards the front.
Same group somewhere near or at the rear.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:48 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, it's the same owner, so hopefully it will be just as good, just different cuisine. Looking at the menu on the site, it's definitely more extensive. We'll see - next year we can always ask to go back to the Miser.

The flooding doesn't seem to have been as bad as in 2004 from the reports I've seen. I'm more concerned about Rt 26. I hope to go check it out the weekend before (Sam, are you listening?)

JonasM
Yep, looking forward to it!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want the laid back sight seeing group.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:31 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

JonasM
Hey, Jonas, I found this website that gives up-to-date road conditions/closures in Ohio.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:45 AM

Thanks - I've used that site in the past. "Road closed due to construction", "Bridge out" are things it does well. Things like "lots of gravel due to recent rains", or "still has a thin layer of mud on it" - not so much.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Thanks - I've used that site in the past. "Road closed due to construction", "Bridge out" are things it does well. Things like "lots of gravel due to recent rains", or "still has a thin layer of mud on it" - not so much.

Gotcha. Nothing like the ole look-see in person!
Old 05-26-2011, 03:22 PM

There's been another change of ownership at the Marietta Brewing Company.

Their website states that they no longer accept reservations, but the banquet room is available for a booking fee. Ugh.

I spoke with the new owner, however, and he agreed to 'accomodate us'. The only stipulation was that he would prefer if folks could order their food in advance so as to not hit the kitchen too hard (the banquet room is already booked by someone else, so with us, that's a lot fo people arriving at once).

So, go have a look on their web site:

Marietta Brewing

They have more beers available at any given time, too, which is definitely a plus!

Don't tell me anything yet - as we get closer I'll start collecting orders via PM.

JonasM
Old 05-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Full Menu
^Here's a link to just the menu.

Quick Reply: The Sixth Annual Tomcatt Run!