S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Sixth Annual Tomcatt Run!

Old 06-22-2011, 01:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by spt-s2k
Thanks Glen & Denny for the pictures. With the new & improved upgrade on this site I still haven't figured out how to post pictures
Sam...I have found it easiest to download pics to Photobucket...( it's free )....Then all you have to do, is click the image tag, and copy to your post !!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Denny, thanks for your help, but I'm not very computer literate. What I need is to have someone come over and go through it step by step!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,540 Likes on 1,916 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet sitter
Great pictures Denny!
Thank you for posting them.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Originally Posted by Looter' timestamp='1308699226' post='20706220

20 minutes !!!!!! with a "Brush" !!!!!!! OMG......I spent 8 hours on mine yesterday, with a microfiber towel, ( also pulled the wheels ) and another 2 hours today, on the interior....Tomorrow afternoon it gets a couple of coats of Zaino....probably 2 or 3 more hours !!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. 20 Minutes with a "brush"?

On my way home via US RT 50 I got "clobbered" with some heavy thunder storms that caused mud and debris to wash across the road. I changed the oil last night after turning 105,000 miles on the way home and still have to wash "my baby" inside and out. Time to spend some time on the leather, etc.
1. Actually got around to washing it today; did it in 15 minutes, including wheels, using pre-soak, then foaming brush, high speed wash, rinse, then spotless rinse; could have done it in 13 if I had to! Ha! I know I'm a disappointment to all the car-freaks; I'm just a wanna-be car freak, but, my S2 was the most beautiful car in the teacher's parking lot at Adult Evening School!!!
2. I let one of my former students who I spent the night with for the weekend (he's 50, and his kids are out of college, man, I must be getting old), and he was so impressed with the car, loved the "start" button!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by doddg
1. Actually got around to washing it today; did it in 15 minutes, including wheels, using pre-soak, then foaming brush, high speed wash, rinse, then spotless rinse; could have done it in 13 if I had to! Ha! I know I'm a disappointment to all the car-freaks; I'm just a wanna-be car freak, but, my S2 was the most beautiful car in the teacher's parking lot at Adult Evening School!!!
2. I let one of my former students who I spent the night with for the weekend (he's 50, and his kids are out of college, man, I must be getting old), and he was so impressed with the car, loved the "start" button!
Gary, you aren't a disappointment to us "car-freaks". We just have so much love for our S2000s we baby them to keep them looking good for as long as we own them. They are almost like pets to us, instead of just transportation. The soft top takes extra care to keep it from getting premature tears.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,142 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by Looter
Well....Sorry it took me soooo looong to get a few pics up !!! I have been so busy cleaning my "S"... ( take note doddg !!! )

Look who was @ the door, when we arrived !!!

Sorry I didn't get any good pics of the drive, itself...
...with Sam's pace..most of my time was spent concentrating on staying on Greg's bumper, both hands on the wheel, and Gene glued to my bumper....Sharon & I had an awesome time...Can hardly wait till next year....
Thanks to everyone !!!
....and maybe we will see some of you @ the Gettysburg Gathering

http://forums.s2kca....ead.php?t=39359
Great pix Denny (specially that charming dude in the first picture).
Old 06-22-2011, 04:20 PM

Sylvia & I got home yesterday (Tuesday) after visiting relatives in Ohio and Pittsburgh. Had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new.
Jonas, you did a fantastic job setting it up. Thank you and all of your helpers. Hope to see many of you at Gettysburg.
And thanks to Rt 26 for again being one of the best roads in the east.
Tom
P.S. Fantastic pictures. Thanks to our great photographers.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:28 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by kgf3076
Originally Posted by Looter' timestamp='1308769348' post='20709035
Well....Sorry it took me soooo looong to get a few pics up !!! I have been so busy cleaning my "S"... ( take note doddg !!! )

Look who was @ the door, when we arrived !!!

Sorry I didn't get any good pics of the drive, itself...
...with Sam's pace..most of my time was spent concentrating on staying on Greg's bumper, both hands on the wheel, and Gene glued to my bumper....Sharon & I had an awesome time...Can hardly wait till next year....
Thanks to everyone !!!
....and maybe we will see some of you @ the Gettysburg Gathering

Good thing you said "Dude" .....cause when you said charming....I was for sure, that you meant Patty.....
http://forums.s2kca....ead.php?t=39359
Great pix Denny (specially that charming dude in the first picture).
Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by doddg' timestamp='1308781568' post='20709920
Gary, you aren't a disappointment to us "car-freaks". We just have so much love for our S2000s we baby them to keep them looking good for as long as we own them. They are almost like pets to us, instead of just transportation. The soft top takes extra care to keep it from getting premature tears.
1. I'm still laughing about the "pets" remark; that does put it into perspective that I can understand, ha!
2. I'm much more attentive about the top, and putting the 303 on it; I'm hoping since I got a hardtop that I won't have to replace it for such a long time I won't mind doing it, ha! When I bought my 04 a year ago, it only had 8745 miles on it, so it sat protected from the elements all the time, I'm hoping.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Member (Premium)

^Gary I use 303 too.

Quick Reply: The Sixth Annual Tomcatt Run!