S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Sixth Annual Tomcatt Run!

Old 06-20-2011, 04:48 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
I got back to Delaware about 2:30 this afternoon, tired, but still happy from seeing everyone again (and for the first time, in some cases). I have learned something, though...never stay an extra day after everyone has left. I drove around a bit yesterday, walked around downtown on the river walk, and since it was so dreary, came back to the hotel and watched the US Open on TV. The reason I will never stay an extra day, is because my room faced the parking lot, and there is nothing so sad and depressing than glancing outside and seeing no S-2000's where there had been 20 or so earlier in the day.

Thanks again to Jonas, Virginija, Anika, Sam, Ken, Roy, and anyone else who helped make this event so special. I especially want to thank Sam for keeping the pace slow in his group which allowed me to keep up! Also, Denny, hope my filling your rear-view mirror didn't make you too nervous!

Looking forward to next year (I'll be in the S, for sure). I just wish there could be more gatherings like this. You all are a special group and I'm proud to call you my friends.

Oh, and CA Patty, I still have some tread left on the rears, and the light rain shower I drove through today was no problem, but I'm still getting new tires before another run in the NSX.

Gene....on the contrary, my friend !!!! It was totally awesome seeing " Black- Beauty" fill my mirrors..... It's not every day, you have sight of something so gracious & fluid in motion !!!!! You know.....we had 3 pilots....in a row there....Greg, myself...& you.....I would trust someone who has that gift...to ride my tail, in inches, any day !!! ( or night )
Old 06-20-2011, 04:57 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

Thanks again to Jonas, (and his +1 for her support, as well as his +1.5 ) for a great job. Thanks to Sam for a great time. I thought that the pace was "right on the money", except for the "pace cars".

It was nice to see everyone and meet some new folks for the first time. I had a VERY enjoyable time. It just seemed too short of a weekend. Like Einstein said when asked to explain his theory of relativity in lay man's terms: "Two minutes of sitting on a hot stove seems a LOT longer than two minutes of kissing your best girl friend". Well this weekend was like the latter.

Thanks to all.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Left Marietta at 7:15 Monday am (almost went back Sunday pm after church, but I was "tuckered"), stopped in to see my 90 yr. old Uncle in Dayton, pulled into the drive at 3:00ish, took a nap, went to work from 4:30 till 10:30 (I'm still there). (And Jonas, make sure you tell your wife that I did sing at church, I want to impress her, ha!)
2. Had a lot of fun telling people how I quacked about Ken trying to put me in the "Touring" group just b/c I was a newbie; I'm a highly trained motorcyclist who grew up on those roads, ha!). I got on the "moderate" list, however, and was happy about that, and when we drove I kept right up there; I was proud of my cat-like reflexes. I was maxed out in my abilities, and the guy behind me was :08 seconds behind me, so I knew I fit right in! I couldn't have gone any faster b/c of my inexperience with pushing my tires around corners, and I wasn't willing to find out where the limit was, ha! Come to find out that Ken and Jonas had "baited and switched" me, and had me line up in the slow, "counting leaves" (their words not mine) group!!!! I can't imagine what the "moderate" group was doing in those curves!!!! After lunch they stepped it up, and I couldn't keep up; I pulled over and waved them past, then I couldn't even keep up with the last car! Humbling! But fun nevertheless! Put me in the slow group next time, no argument. "Count leaves" Yeah, right!!!!!
3. Can't write more now, supposed to be grading Gov't, and Geog. papers!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Thanks again to Jonas, (and his +1 for her support, as well as his +1.5 ) for a great job. Thanks to Sam for a great time. I thought that the pace was "right on the money", except for the "pace cars".

It was nice to see everyone and meet some new folks for the first time. I had a VERY enjoyable time. It just seemed too short of a weekend. Like Einstein said when asked to explain his theory of relativity in lay man's terms: "Two minutes of sitting on a hot stove seems a LOT longer than two minutes of kissing your best girl friend". Well this weekend was like the latter.

Thanks to all.
I especially agree with your comment about it being too short of a weekend. I really hated to see this one end...
Old 06-20-2011, 06:13 PM

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Nice pics. Looks like a good time. Who is the gentlemen who appears to be wearing one of those special "rotator cuff/I had my shoulder fixed" slings? Was he driving?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:17 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

...if there is a Fall Colors, I'M THERE!!![/size]
Same here...even if I have to sell a few pints of blood!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Looter
Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1308609074' post='20702173
I got back to Delaware about 2:30 this afternoon, tired, but still happy from seeing everyone again (and for the first time, in some cases). I have learned something, though...never stay an extra day after everyone has left. I drove around a bit yesterday, walked around downtown on the river walk, and since it was so dreary, came back to the hotel and watched the US Open on TV. The reason I will never stay an extra day, is because my room faced the parking lot, and there is nothing so sad and depressing than glancing outside and seeing no S-2000's where there had been 20 or so earlier in the day.

Thanks again to Jonas, Virginija, Anika, Sam, Ken, Roy, and anyone else who helped make this event so special. I especially want to thank Sam for keeping the pace slow in his group which allowed me to keep up! Also, Denny, hope my filling your rear-view mirror didn't make you too nervous!

Looking forward to next year (I'll be in the S, for sure). I just wish there could be more gatherings like this. You all are a special group and I'm proud to call you my friends.

Oh, and CA Patty, I still have some tread left on the rears, and the light rain shower I drove through today was no problem, but I'm still getting new tires before another run in the NSX.

Gene....on the contrary, my friend !!!! It was totally awesome seeing " Black- Beauty" fill my mirrors..... It's not every day, you have sight of something so gracious & fluid in motion !!!!! You know.....we had 3 pilots....in a row there....Greg, myself...& you.....I would trust someone who has that gift...to ride my tail, in inches, any day !!! ( or night )
Thanks, Denny! Enjoyed following you. Our driving styles are very similar. Hope our reflexes keep sharp for quite a while longer!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,542 Likes on 1,916 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Nice pics. Looks like a good time. Who is the gentlemen who appears to be wearing one of those special "rotator cuff/I had my shoulder fixed" slings? Was he driving?
Those two were friends or relatives of Vyk's, who joined us for dinner on Saturday night. Not drivers.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:29 AM

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1308622417' post='20702772
Those two were friends or relatives of Vyk's, who joined us for dinner on Saturday night. Not drivers.

Ah, well I feel for the guy. Been there done that x 2 and missed meets too.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Member (Premium)

Just ordered Continental Extreme Contact DW's for the front and rear. These have extremely good reviews and ratings on Tire Rack's website, and will be installed Thursday or Friday. Now, I need to spend several hours
the NSX to get all the bugs, road dirt, etc. off.

Quick Reply: The Sixth Annual Tomcatt Run!