S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Sixth Annual Tomcatt Run!

Old 06-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,142 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by Tachus
I'm really sorry for doing that to you Patty. It seems you were in good company though. From what I've heard and read there were at least three guys who wanted to do what you did.
The Miata driver in Roy's group managed to leave breakfast in a couple of places on the leaf-peepy drive so Patty wasn't the only one.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Tachus
Originally Posted by kgf3076' timestamp='1308529344' post='20698785
Catherine, it was great seeing you again. I hope you and Allen can make it to Gettysburg.
Good to see you again Ken. I'm doing my best to persuade +1. He may come with our daughter,she would love the trip. Come to think of it so would I.
Hmm, sounds like a two car caravan. One of you can do the drive rehearsal and the other can do the drive. Your daughter could go on both trips (she'd end up hating me, I'm sure ).
Old 06-20-2011, 01:55 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by kgf3076
Originally Posted by Tachus' timestamp='1308602334' post='20701792
[quote name='kgf3076' timestamp='1308529344' post='20698785']
Catherine, it was great seeing you again. I hope you and Allen can make it to Gettysburg.
Good to see you again Ken. I'm doing my best to persuade +1. He may come with our daughter,she would love the trip. Come to think of it so would I.
Hmm, sounds like a two car caravan. One of you can do the drive rehearsal and the other can do the drive. Your daughter could go on both trips (she'd end up hating me, I'm sure ).
[/quote]

Someone has to stay at home and look after the dog - that would be me this time.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,546 Likes on 1,917 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1308586478' post='20700642
...I'm officially Puking Patty, now.
Hey Patty,
What lands on the ground at The TomCatt stays on the ground at The TomCatt! None of us would have (sorry for the pun) brought it up if you hadn't.!!!
You're a funny guy, David. I'm just fessing up since I know others before me have been sick and I want to give them company. I think Gloria and Granny have had to in the past.

Originally Posted by Miata Maniac
I just want to thank everyone for having my MX-5 in the mix. that was my 1st ever time doing that and i had a blast. next time i will try to keep my breakfast to my self :-) I hope you will have me next year.
Ken, I thought the Miata driver may have from ^this post of his. Didn't know for sure.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

I got back to Delaware about 2:30 this afternoon, tired, but still happy from seeing everyone again (and for the first time, in some cases). I have learned something, though...never stay an extra day after everyone has left. I drove around a bit yesterday, walked around downtown on the river walk, and since it was so dreary, came back to the hotel and watched the US Open on TV. The reason I will never stay an extra day, is because my room faced the parking lot, and there is nothing so sad and depressing than glancing outside and seeing no S-2000's where there had been 20 or so earlier in the day.

Thanks again to Jonas, Virginija, Anika, Sam, Ken, Roy, and anyone else who helped make this event so special. I especially want to thank Sam for keeping the pace slow in his group which allowed me to keep up! Also, Denny, hope my filling your rear-view mirror didn't make you too nervous!

Looking forward to next year (I'll be in the S, for sure). I just wish there could be more gatherings like this. You all are a special group and I'm proud to call you my friends.

Oh, and CA Patty, I still have some tread left on the rears, and the light rain shower I drove through today was no problem, but I'm still getting new tires before another run in the NSX.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,546 Likes on 1,917 Posts

Gene, I'm really glad you didn't have any slippage with the rain and tires. After having three people wreck their NSXs last year in one wet week, I'm super careful. I know what you mean about staying an extra day. I've done it in the past and it is depressing. Much more fun to arrive on Thursday, instead and get a good night's sleep before the fun starts.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Kyras
Gene, I'm really glad you didn't have any slippage with the rain and tires. After having three people wreck their NSXs last year in one wet week, I'm super careful. I know what you mean about staying an extra day. I've done it in the past and it is depressing. Much more fun to arrive on Thursday, instead and get a good night's sleep before the fun starts.
Oh, and glad you had a good flight home. Tell Jerry I said "hi" and that my lips are sealed about all those miles he put on your NSX.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Kyras
[Ken, I thought the Miata driver may have from ^this post of his. Didn't know for sure.
Yep, you have a Miata companion in the barfing group. He managed to do it twice before the Miners Memorial.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by jukngene
Thanks again to Jonas, Virginija, Anika, Sam, Ken, Roy, and anyone else who helped make this event so special. Looking forward to next year (I'll be in the S, for sure). I just wish there could be more gatherings like this. You all are a special group and I'm proud to call you my friends.
We're looking forward to seeing you at Gettysburg (in either car). Thank you Gene for all of your help. You kept everyone pointed in the same direction and helped make the Friday dinner both smooth and special. We are talking about doing Fall Colors at Marietta so you may be back there sooner than you expected.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by kgf3076
Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1308609074' post='20702173
Thanks again to Jonas, Virginija, Anika, Sam, Ken, Roy, and anyone else who helped make this event so special. Looking forward to next year (I'll be in the S, for sure). I just wish there could be more gatherings like this. You all are a special group and I'm proud to call you my friends.
We're looking forward to seeing you at Gettysburg (in either car). Thank you Gene for all of your help. You kept everyone pointed in the same direction and helped make the Friday dinner both smooth and special. We are talking about doing Fall Colors at Marietta so you may be back there sooner than you expected.
Glad to help out, Ken. Sorry I won't be able to make Gettysburg. We are starting our family vacation on the Outer Banks of North Carolina that week-end. I just checked with my +1 and found out about the date conflict.

BUT, if there is a Fall Colors, I'M THERE!!!

Quick Reply: The Sixth Annual Tomcatt Run!