S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Sixth Annual Tomcatt Run!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The evening is on your own. Matt and Ken have taken it upon themselves to organize some dinner excursions (see the separate thread). These are not part of the meet per se - you are free to do whatever you like for dinner. (quote from earlier post that I couldn't find)

1. What? I didn't have to go with Ken for Friday dinner? I thought I had to "play nice with others," like I learned in kindergarten, and participate.
2. Could I call in a sick day, like at work?

3. Disclaimer: I think I'm funny, and Ken has given permission multiple times to give him my best shot (since I have to take his equally as dry and even more crisp replies), but since I virtually never use this site until this Tomcatt, and folks don't know me, I apologize in advance if I offend, just trying to have fun. I teach HS 70 hrs. a week, and usually don't have the time for such nonsense, but I'm only working about 25 hrs./wk. this summer, so here I am, ha! I wanted to go to the Brown County get together in IN last summer but it was after school began; this year I hope to plan for it and be able to go (don't tell them on the other site, they might conveniently not have it this year if they know I'm coming, ha! (on S2KA they've had to put up with my dry humor and occasional ignorance for over a year now, ha!). It's only 1.5 hrs. away, and I might be able to drive that far w/o falling asleep, since I'm so old, ha!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:20 AM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts

The "Other-Site"....is here...and I'm tellun !!! Actually...the Brown County Run, is a must do...I have never missed one...Not much planning on it yet...but the info will be sure to come..
Originally Posted by doddg
The evening is on your own. Matt and Ken have taken it upon themselves to organize some dinner excursions (see the separate thread). These are not part of the meet per se - you are free to do whatever you like for dinner. (quote from earlier post that I couldn't find)

1. What? I didn't have to go with Ken for Friday dinner? I thought I had to "play nice with others," like I learned in kindergarten, and participate.

3. Disclaimer: I think I'm funny, and Ken has given permission multiple times to give him my best shot (since I have to take his equally as dry and even more crisp replies), but since I virtually never use this site until this Tomcatt, and folks don't know me, I apologize in advance if I offend, just trying to have fun. I teach HS 70 hrs. a week, and usually don't have the time for such nonsense, but I'm only working about 25 hrs./wk. this summer, so here I am, ha! I wanted to go to the Brown County get together in IN last summer but it was after school began; this year I hope to plan for it and be able to go (don't tell them on the other site, they might conveniently not have it this year if they know I'm coming, ha! (on S2KA they've had to put up with my dry humor and occasional ignorance for over a year now, ha!). It's only 1.5 hrs. away, and I might be able to drive that far w/o falling asleep, since I'm so old, ha!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:38 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Jonas, is this the biggest group we have ever had for the Tomcatt? There certainly are a lot of us.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,540 Likes on 1,916 Posts

I teach HS 70 hrs. a week, and usually don't have the time for such nonsense, but I'm only working about 25 hrs./wk. this summer, so here I am, ha!
Does that mean high school? I know Jonas would rather we not go in his threads, but what do you teach?

I'm Patricia and love Vintage so much I've flown (and drove 3 times) back east for about 15 Vintage meets, starting in May 2004. I live in Trabuco Canyon, in Southern California.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by doddg' timestamp='1307880699' post='20674044
I teach HS 70 hrs. a week, and usually don't have the time for such nonsense, but I'm only working about 25 hrs./wk. this summer, so here I am, ha!
Does that mean high school? I know Jonas would rather we not go in his threads, but what do you teach?

I'm Patricia and love Vintage so much I've flown (and drove 3 times) back east for about 15 Vintage meets, starting in May 2004. I live in Trabuco Canyon, in Southern California.
1. Yes: Psych., Sociology, Econ., Gov't, World Hist. and Geog, etc.
2. How do you fly to do a drive?
a. You ride with a friend
b. You buy a car just for the drive, then give it away at a raffle drawing
c. You have a way of renting an S2
d. None of the above
e. It's none of your business, so don't ask, ha!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:28 PM

1. Sorry, I don't know the politics between the two sites, ha!; I just know alot of the people I like in S2KA are on both sites, and they speak kindly referring to this site on occasion. Don't know whether it was like a sister church planting or a church division planting, ha! (hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but I'm not aware of any friction between the sites.
2. My impression as someone who was on this site first when I a web search then I found the other one was that this was the original biggest and "baddest" site, and the other was a smaller older crowd. It was easier for this cmp novice to navigate the smaller site also.
3. Very interesting that this site has the Vintage group for the older crowd, but even now when I try to navigate the threads, the other site seems easier, which of course, is a reflection on my cmp. skills, ha!
4. Thanks for the endorsement for the Brown Cty Run; I will try to go to it, even try to get my wife to come and read a book in the rooom while I'm driving, ha! I'm boring, but she takes it to a whole new level; that's why we're such a perfect couple, I get to be the exciting personality in the marriage, ha! Boy, I hope she never reads this post!!!
5. And, Looter, I recognize your moniker, so don't be threatening me with tattling!

Originally Posted by Looter
The "Other-Site"....is here...and I'm tellun !!! Actually...the Brown County Run, is a must do...I have never missed one...Not much planning on it yet...but the info will be sure to come..
Originally Posted by doddg' timestamp='1307880699' post='20674044

3. Disclaimer: Yes, I think I'm funny, and Ken has given permission multiple times to give him my best shot (since I have to take his equally as dry and even more crisp replies), but since I virtually never use this site until this Tomcatt, and folks don't know me, I apologize in advance if I offend, just trying to have fun. I teach HS 70 hrs. a week, and usually don't have the time for such nonsense, but I'm only working about 25 hrs./wk. this summer, so here I am, ha! I wanted to go to the Brown County get together in IN last summer but it was after school began; this year I hope to plan for it and be able to go (don't tell them on the other site, they might conveniently not have it this year if they know I'm coming, ha! (on S2KA they've had to put up with my dry humor and occasional ignorance for over a year now, ha!). It's only 1.5 hrs. away, and I might be able to drive that far w/o falling asleep, since I'm so old, ha!
Old 06-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Member (Premium)

d. None of the above
When I fly back, I ride with someone who has an open passenger seat. Sometimes it's with a friend I've known a while and sometimes it's with someone I don't know yet.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by doddg' timestamp='1307907612' post='20674726
d. None of the above
When I fly back, I ride with someone who has an open passenger seat. Sometimes it's with a friend I've known a while and sometimes it's with someone I don't know yet.
1. After I sent that, I saw in my reading that some went as a passenger, wish I would have known, it could have been "f." choice, ha!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Member (Premium)

d. None of the above
When I fly back, I ride with someone who has an open passenger seat. Sometimes it's with a friend I've known for years and sometimes it's with someone I've just met.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

When I fly back, I ride with someone who has an open passenger seat. Sometimes it's with a friend I've known for years and sometimes it's with someone I've just met.
Do I know you???

Quick Reply: The Sixth Annual Tomcatt Run!