S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us Your Pet II

Old 01-01-2021, 05:29 PM

Received 3,770 Likes on 2,660 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Beautiful!! It looks like a photograph not a painting.
The detail is amazing, every little whisker and loose hairs on his chin are depicted so well. The original picture had some background items in it which did not come out on the finished product. It is textured and you can feel the oil paint. I would have thought they had some technology to reproduce pictures in a simulated paint finish, but they say it is done by hand from their artists in oil paint. They give you the name of the artist who painted it, and you can see their artists on their website, assuming it is all legit. It is beautiful though.

www.paintyourlife.com
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (01-01-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 06:29 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Anyone with a cat can probably relate. Morgan was supposed to go to the vet yesterday. Key word, supposed. Original appt was for a nail trim but she had been sneezing quite a bit over the weekend. So I called Monday AM and asked if the vet would have time to see her, as her nail trim is done by the tech. At lunch time she was roaming around the house, not a good sign. The best time to get her in a crate is when she is napping on our bed. I can scoop her up and put her in the crate. If she's moving, or not napping, she's difficult to approach. Well we chased her a bit, tried to get her out of hiding, but ultimately I had to cancel the appointment. She then proceeded to hide under the love seat for about 8-9 hours. I felt so bad that she was so scared.

She finally came out and did sleep on our bed a bit last night. She's still not too crazy about being approached this AM. I re-scheduled the appointment for just a nail trim since her sneezing stopped. We'll see what happens next week. If she only let Rick hold her long enough for me to trim her nails, we could avoid the trauma of the crate and vet visit.

So now we know who runs our household. A 9-10 pound cat!
Old 01-07-2021, 07:37 AM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Pets run most households.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:08 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Anyone with a cat can probably relate. Morgan was supposed to go to the vet yesterday. Key word, supposed. Original appt was for a nail trim but she had been sneezing quite a bit over the weekend. So I called Monday AM and asked if the vet would have time to see her, as her nail trim is done by the tech. At lunch time she was roaming around the house, not a good sign. The best time to get her in a crate is when she is napping on our bed. I can scoop her up and put her in the crate. If she's moving, or not napping, she's difficult to approach. Well we chased her a bit, tried to get her out of hiding, but ultimately I had to cancel the appointment. She then proceeded to hide under the love seat for about 8-9 hours. I felt so bad that she was so scared.

She finally came out and did sleep on our bed a bit last night. She's still not too crazy about being approached this AM. I re-scheduled the appointment for just a nail trim since her sneezing stopped. We'll see what happens next week. If she only let Rick hold her long enough for me to trim her nails, we could avoid the trauma of the crate and vet visit.

So now we know who runs our household. A 9-10 pound cat!
How are her eyes? They go with the nose so she was sneezing and that stopped maybe her eyes are better too?

I understand. Zion was the same way. I had to cancel many appointments for him for the same reason. I was super stressed out about how I was going to catch him to fly him from Cali to Colorado in Feb 2020. I put his food in my bathroom and shut the door once he dared to go in. He had no place to hide.

^2-20-2020. John Wayne Airport.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:29 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Hey eyes have been a little runny since we got her. She also snores! Maybe she's got some allergies or something. She's a bit more like herself today. Napping in the sun on our bed. Let us pet her.
Kyras (01-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 09:57 PM
Member (Premium)

This is a photo I snagged from Cat Memes, a Facebook group. I think it is stunningly adorable.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:37 AM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Good one!
Old 01-08-2021, 09:58 AM

Received 3,770 Likes on 2,660 Posts

very cute, but a female with those eyes could be trouble
Old 01-08-2021, 04:31 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Kyras

This is a photo I snagged from Cat Memes, a Facebook group. I think it is stunningly adorable.

1-8-2020. I just got a text from Davida, the neighbor woman who runs a local cat rescue and who I've driven for twice to pick up cats in Denver after they've been fixed. I just sent her a text to ask her if she had any kittens coming down the pike and she sent me this photo. I don't think I'll be able to resist this! I'm waiting to hear back from her but I think it's a male, which is what I want, and blue eyes, seal or blue point and furry!? Is it friendly, purry and have some personality?

Edit. The pink nose indicates it's not a true seal-point but then it's not purebred, in any case. Just good-looking!

Last edited by Kyras; 01-08-2021 at 04:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kyras:
sam_spider (01-12-2021), zeroptzero (01-08-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 08:35 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

A horse trainer in the Netherlands owns these animals. What a great picture!!!

zeroptzero (01-09-2021)

Quick Reply: Show us Your Pet II