S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us Your Pet II

Old 04-25-2020, 06:59 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

You should just offer to dogsit whenever they need it and get your fix that way.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:35 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

I do not want the responsibility any more, either, especially living in an apt. Had dogs growing up and when I was married. Fortunately, the +1 has not been interested in getting a pet that I know of. Pretty dog - looks like a black Lab.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:36 AM
Member (Premium)

Also, if it can be said that there is a benefit to our current situation, animals are being adopted at a record rate from shelters.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:52 AM

Received 5,746 Likes on 3,385 Posts

Sue, Archie and the family look great. I love the heck out of our puppy but in hindsight I would have gotten an older dog. It is unreal how much energy this one has and how time consuming she is. For the most part she is house broken and sleeps through the night. She is the first dog we can recall that entertains herself with toys and balls. But her endless energy and desire to be outside all the time is a challenge.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Sue, Archie and the family look great. I love the heck out of our puppy but in hindsight I would have gotten an older dog. It is unreal how much energy this one has and how time consuming she is. For the most part she is house broken and sleeps through the night. She is the first dog we can recall that entertains herself with toys and balls. But her endless energy and desire to be outside all the time is a challenge.
Get another dog, but this time a little older. That'll keep her entertained. We always had German Shepherds in pairs for that reason and would get a third one before the oldest one died so at times we had three. I like pairs of cats, too.

I got a little carried away with photos.

^6-30-2004.

^11-13-2004. What was going on here? This was in my 5th wheel at Kennedy Meadows.

^11-26-2004. At Rincon beach in Ventura, CA.

^11-26-2004.

^7-2-2006. At Kennedy Meadows, CA.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Get another dog, but this time a little older. That'll keep her entertained.
She plays "two hours" every day with this one. And then "half hour" most days with her other brother. Plus she gets two "half hour" walks; and sometimes three.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:49 PM
Member (Premium)

Still not enough, huh?
Old 04-29-2020, 07:48 PM

Wow, they all say Aussie dogs are smart. Roxy is making me a believer. Couple examples, tonight I kept trying to get her to go outside for the evening #1 and #2 after 11PM. She resisted as she was still tired from playtime. But once I got her up and outside she took care of business. When we came in, instead of going to the family room or kitchen where she spends her inside time she made a right turn and up the stairs and into the bedroom and right into her cage and laid down. She is barely over 3 months old and putting herself to bed! In the morning I can assure you she will make just enough noise at 7AM to wake us but not make a big fuss. When we are ready, she’s ready to start the day. She is really starting to get the tricks down as well – sit, roll, etc. But I have to add this - this breed is very active and does not do well if not allowed to burn off energy outdoors. Especially ours! She has double the energy of her siblings, which we now see every day.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:31 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Wow, they all say Aussie dogs are smart. Roxy is making me a believer. Couple examples, tonight I kept trying to get her to go outside for the evening #1 and #2 after 11PM. She resisted as she was still tired from playtime. But once I got her up and outside she took care of business. When we came in, instead of going to the family room or kitchen where she spends her inside time she made a right turn and up the stairs and into the bedroom and right into her cage and laid down. She is barely over 3 months old and putting herself to bed! In the morning I can assure you she will make just enough noise at 7AM to wake us but not make a big fuss. When we are ready, she’s ready to start the day. She is really starting to get the tricks down as well – sit, roll, etc. But I have to add this - this breed is very active and does not do well if not allowed to burn off energy outdoors. Especially ours! She has double the energy of her siblings, which we now see every day.
My sister had a Goldendoodle that is like that. My sister takes her to doggie daycare just so she can burn off that extra energy. The dog was nuts from the get-go and is on Prozac. I I think it has something to do with the owners, though.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:52 PM
Member (Premium)

I seem to have mentioned the activity level of these dogs before you got her. It was meant as a friendly warning. She is really cute, though. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Show us Your Pet II