S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us Your Pet II

Old 09-20-2020, 04:20 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,647 Posts

I love that cat Patty.
but your comment triggered some long buried memories.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:27 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I love that cat Patty.
but your comment triggered some long buried memories.
^I think the older we get the pickier we all are. I've "talked" to plenty and met a four, so far from Match. I love cats. Men, eh, not so much.

Last edited by Kyras; 09-20-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:09 AM

Received 818 Likes on 423 Posts

Some of the babies enjoying the Spring morning sunshine. Yes, there is still some fencing to be done, I'm getting there.

Old 09-22-2020, 06:20 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Stole this from Facebook for all my fellow pet owners. How true!

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.
He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.
After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.
When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.
When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'
'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.
Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.
Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up'.The man gestured, and the gate began to open.
'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveller asked.
'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'
The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.
After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.
'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'
'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in..'
'How about my friend here?' the traveller gestured to the dog.
There should be a bowl by the pump.'
They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveller filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.
When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.
'What do you call this place?' the traveller asked.
This is Heaven,' he answered.
'Well, that's confusing,' the traveller said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'
'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'
'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'
'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'
~Anonymous Author and Artwork
The following 2 users liked this post by jukngene:
Kyras (09-22-2020), Lainey (09-23-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 06:42 PM
Member (Premium)

Old 09-22-2020, 06:47 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

^
Old 09-22-2020, 06:49 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by jukngene
^
Cat related.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:42 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

The vet thinks Roxy either twisted or pulled muscle in her rear leg roughing up with her brother. She is taking pain pills, inflammation pills, and tranquilizers. Does any of that slow her down - - hell no! Run, jump, and then limp. Vet thinks it will take two weeks to heal. Since she isn't allowed playtime with her brothers she is bored to death. Tore up a Brillo pad, paper, etc. and constantly brings me every toy she can find to toss or tug of war with. This is a breed of dog we are not used to. Even after a slow 2 mile walk, she refuses to rest at all. We love her, we love her spirit, but but but but . . .
Old 09-23-2020, 12:31 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,951 Likes on 1,746 Posts

As I recall, I mentioned the high activity level of this breed before you purchased the dog. Maybe you did not realize how high I meant.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:13 AM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

It as much 'mental' energy as 'physical' energy that needs constant attention. This morning she started to tear up Donna's coin collection due to boredom. She never did any of this kind of stuff when she was active. We have decided to stop giving her the pain pills - she at least needs to understand she is still hurting.

Quick Reply: Show us Your Pet II