S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us Your Pet II

Old 01-03-2023, 03:24 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O.
I have 8 mostly inside cats and no litter box, train them to go out.
Do they go out, do their business and come back in or do they roam? Coyotes and other predators murder tons of cats here.
Old 01-03-2023, 03:27 AM

Received 3,771 Likes on 2,661 Posts

We took down our Christmas trees and decorations over the weekend, our cat had a bewildered look on her face when she went to those rooms after everything was removed, lol. No more craziness for her climbing the trees and knocking down Christmas ornaments/balls.
The following 2 users liked this post by zeroptzero:
A.O. (01-03-2023), valentine (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 04:24 AM

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Too many coyotes. Even a full grown Maine coon wouldn't fair well against a pack of coyotes.
We have a fairly consistent postings in the area about missing cats and small dogs.
I used to have a Great Pyrenees that just loved coyotes. He would hear them off in the distance and take off, a while later he would come back all bloody (their blood mostly) and a huge smile on his face!
Old 01-03-2023, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by valentine
Do they go out, do their business and come back in or do they roam? Coyotes and other predators murder tons of cats here.
Oh, they roam some, not a big contingency of coyotes here.. I do worry though. Never lost one yet .
Old 01-03-2023, 04:28 AM

Ok, feeding time at my zoo!

The following 4 users liked this post by A.O.:
dlq04 (01-03-2023), Kyras (01-03-2023), sam_spider (01-03-2023), Vadster (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 07:47 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O.
Ok, feeding time at my zoo!

^Thank you for making me not look as crazy for having four cats. Three was my limit and then it became four. Do you just love cats? I do. Got to have them.

Where do you live that you don't have to worry too much about coyotes? They are one of the predators I worry about in Loveland, Colorado, in addition to owls, and other birds of prey and bobcats. I believe my cat, Leo, was bitten by a bobcat. His face was crunched when he bolted in the house, and although I tried to save him with surgery and shots, I put him down. He was a love! I had a Siamese disappear when he wouldn't come in one night, after teasing me by looking straight at me but ignoring me. I wasn't heartbroken about him. He was pissing on the couches.

I have a catio that makes my newest cat, Saint, happy. I let my other three out during the day, on occasion. Usually it's when I'm outside with them. This time of year they don't want to go out in the below freezing temps.

^12-19-2021.

^12-19-2021.

^3-12-2022. Talia, Saint, Maury and Atticus.

^3-12-2022. Saint, Atticus, Talia and Maury (outside).

^7-20-2020. Maury, Atticus and Talia.

^5-23-2020. Atticus, Zion, Talia and Maury.

^12-31-2021. Atticus, Maury and Talia. They're in warm plug-in beds. In the warm seasons I unplug them.
The following 4 users liked this post by Kyras:
A.O. (01-03-2023), buckeyesue (01-03-2023), Vadster (01-03-2023), valentine (01-04-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras
^Thank you for making me not look as crazy for having four cats. Three was my limit and then it became four. Do you just love cats? I do. Got to have them.

Where do you live that you don't have to worry too much about coyotes? They are one of the predators I worry about in Loveland, Colorado, in addition to owls, and other birds of prey and bobcats. I believe my cat, Leo, was bitten by a bobcat. His face was crunched when he bolted in the house, and although I tried to save him with surgery and shots, I put him down. He was a love! I had a Siamese disappear when he wouldn't come in one night, after teasing me by looking straight at me but ignoring me. I wasn't heartbroken about him. He was pissing on the couches.

I have a catio that makes my newest cat, Saint, happy. I let my other three out during the day, on occasion. Usually it's when I'm outside with them. This time of year they don't want to go out in the below freezing temps.
Love the cat pen, I'll have to show my daughter, she has 2 cats that never go outside.
And I dont just love cats (mine I do) wish I didn't have 8! I live way out in the country (moved here from colorado) had 2 dogs and one day a cat showed up so I had 2&1 then the dogs passed just from old age and I was down to one cat. Went to the shelter to get him a friend so then I had 2. A year or so later I had a very scruffy cat show up, we nursed it back to health and found out it was pregnant, I voted to stop the pregnancy but was over ruled by the wife, 3 kittens later we were up to 6!! Yes, all fixed! another year goes by and a tiny calico shows up, nursed her back to health and fixed her, and six months later another showed up!! DANG!! anyway to cute to get rid of and she goes in Friday to be fixed! so that makes 8! The wife says its our way of giving back to the world or something... I keep scouring the woods for the dang vacancy signs!
The following 3 users liked this post by A.O.:
buckeyesue (01-03-2023), dlq04 (01-03-2023), Kyras (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 11:25 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Eight cats!!
We had two at the same time. Now we are a one cat home.

Have your cats not had the issues that many indoor/outdoor cats have? Fights with other animals, worms, and other delightful things, and the vet bills that come with the encounters?

Our last two cats have been indoor only. We now like to feed the birds and it seemed mean to put up bird feeders with a cat hanging out in our yard.
The following users liked this post:
valentine (01-04-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Eight cats!!
We had two at the same time. Now we are a one cat home.

Have your cats not had the issues that many indoor/outdoor cats have? Fights with other animals, worms, and other delightful things, and the vet bills that come with the encounters?

Our last two cats have been indoor only. We now like to feed the birds and it seemed mean to put up bird feeders with a cat hanging out in our yard.
The only real fights they have are with each other, we maintain their shots, and flea/tick stuff so my main vet cost was fixing them all. (Dont want anymore!) I do keep birdfeeders in the yard mounted up high, but on occasion.....
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 11:31 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Looks like I wasted $80.00 on medicine for Morgan. I've tried putting the liquid (which is chicken flavored) on her treats, in canned cat food, in some kind of mushy cat treat and she walked away from all of it.

Jerry/bolton, this is for you. Think diaper genie. It seems gross to not dispose of cat waste immediately, however, there is no odor emitted from the bag inside the genie. Putting cat waste in the trash outdoors might be OK in winter, not in the summer. Can't flush the stuff unless you want septic/pipe/sewer issues. This has been a good solution for the last two cats.

We do not have an automatic litter box. Those things are not all they are cracked up to be. We generally scoop her box twice a day. Cats like clean facilities.
Litter genie Litter genie

Quick Reply: Show us Your Pet II