S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us Your Pet II

Old 11-14-2022, 04:35 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

My relatively new neighbors next door have a scruffy looking kind of weird looking unfriendly dog. They installed one of those electronic fences but the dog gets loose from time to time and immediately goes loping through my yard. I've tried several times to make friends with the dog to no avail -- he's way too skittish. Anyway, when he gets loose he loves to taunt Ziggy through my glass doors, so I have to take Ziggy to another part of the house. He usually doesn't stay loose very long as the neighbors come through the yard to corral him. He's not my favorite dog and they're not my favorite neighbors. I love dogs but he's not a favorite by any means. Skittish dogs imho cannot be trusted.
Old 11-14-2022, 07:20 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,647 Posts

Tend to agree Val, skittish = fear biting when trapped.
Although I would think he wants to play with Ziggy.
The following users liked this post:
valentine (11-15-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 07:29 AM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Any tips on how to get the Daylight Savings Time change through to your dog? Roxy has been forcing Donna to get up an hour too early since the change.
valentine (11-15-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 07:50 AM

Received 4,245 Likes on 3,303 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
My relatively new neighbors next door have a scruffy looking kind of weird looking unfriendly dog. They installed one of those electronic fences but the dog gets loose from time to time and immediately goes loping through my yard. I've tried several times to make friends with the dog to no avail -- he's way too skittish. Anyway, when he gets loose he loves to taunt Ziggy through my glass doors, so I have to take Ziggy to another part of the house. He usually doesn't stay loose very long as the neighbors come through the yard to corral him. He's not my favorite dog and they're not my favorite neighbors. I love dogs but he's not a favorite by any means. Skittish dogs imho cannot be trusted.
That's not cool I hate people like that, especially being new to the neighborhood you would think they would try to be polite and friendly to fit in. Seems like those days are gone.
valentine (11-15-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 08:53 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,865 Likes on 2,077 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Any tips on how to get the Daylight Savings Time change through to your dog? Roxy has been forcing Donna to get up an hour too early since the change.
There isn't an easy fix, our dog hates time changes too as his dinner time gets pushed back an hour. It usually takes him a couple weeks to figure it out.
valentine (11-15-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 11:14 AM

Received 467 Likes on 333 Posts

It has been almost 6 months since we lost our precious princess, Coconut. My son is gearing up to adopt another one with our blessing. Apparently, the agency that finds home for these furry friends is much more stringent than ever before. They request several references and asks a lot of questions. I suppose it is for the safe homing of those that need homes but it almost borders on invasion of privacy, it seems. I am sure they will eventually ask for potential adopting folks' tax return.
valentine (11-15-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 11:49 AM

Received 3,772 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
There isn't an easy fix, our dog hates time changes too as his dinner time gets pushed back an hour. It usually takes him a couple weeks to figure it out.
Oh yeah we see it here too. Our cat Rocky wants to eat one hour early and she wakes us up one hour earlier too. She would normally get us up at 6 am in the morning with her routine but now it is 5 am, lol. It does take about 1-2 weeks to get them adjusted, we can't blame them. As Jerry said you can't re-set your cat (or dog etc..), lol, just your clocks. .
Old 11-14-2022, 11:55 AM

Received 3,772 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda 367
It has been almost 6 months since we lost our precious princess, Coconut. My son is gearing up to adopt another one with our blessing. Apparently, the agency that finds home for these furry friends is much more stringent than ever before. They request several references and asks a lot of questions. I suppose it is for the safe homing of those that need homes but it almost borders on invasion of privacy, it seems. I am sure they will eventually ask for potential adopting folks' tax return.
The adoption places in our hometown drove us crazy when we wanted to adopt a cat after we lost one of our cats. We had two cats and lost one, and we wanted to adopt a new cat to keep the older cat company. They keep saying there are so many cats that need to be adopted, but they put responsible pet owners through the ringer that people just give up trying. Having an existing cat was an issue for them, and then they wanted us to adopt two kittens instead of just one, it was such b.s. that we got sick of the process. We have owned cats for 25 years. We then gave up at the local adoption places and went to get our new cat from a private pet owner selling kittens from a farm. My wife takes care of her cats better than she does her own child, but the adoption places are out to lunch IMO in our region. So we brought home this cutie - Rocky - from a farm near us

The following 3 users liked this post by zeroptzero:
Honda 367 (11-14-2022), Kyras (11-14-2022), valentine (11-15-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 03:27 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Hey Patty would you bring this guy home?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fsRRpTyO2lM

I gotta work on my wife some more, even though i know the answer.

I don't think I saw that post before. Yes! Except that I've got four cats now and that's more than enough.

I saw this 9 lb, six month- old Maine Coon kitten yesterday in Denver at a Catfest. The MCs were so soft.

Last edited by Kyras; 11-14-2022 at 03:54 PM.
valentine (11-15-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 04:17 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,647 Posts

was that up for adoption Patty?
although it is sort of a moot point, I don't think I'm going to convince or even slightly soften my beloved bride on the idea of a cat.
She seems pretty solid on " No, I don't want a cat on my counters."
One might say unequivocal even, ( to be read in the snagglepuss voice. )

The following 3 users liked this post by boltonblue:
dlq04 (11-15-2022), Kyras (11-14-2022), valentine (11-15-2022)

Quick Reply: Show us Your Pet II