S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us your pet!

Old 04-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

^ Sounds about right, except under Start, click on Photo Album, then New Image, Browse, Add Images.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a pic of my wife's pet (other than me)...

Meet Miss Mata....

Old 04-22-2004, 02:33 PM

Your likeness would be rather south of this camera angle
Old 04-22-2004, 02:34 PM

She is a beautiful beast!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 02:43 PM

Originally posted by bluerooster
Your likeness would be rather south of this camera angle
BASTARD!!!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Morris,
Is your dog's name Xylie? As in Zie-Lee? She's a pretty, furry girl. Makes me want to pet her. Was she enjoying those flowers?

Blue and Matrix,
Old 04-23-2004, 09:06 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Yes that's her name and exactly how you pronounce it. She's a red, long-haired Shepherd, (with papers), and after she has a bath you wish you could wear her, she's so soft.
I got your PM Patty. Have a nice trip to Spring Fling. Thanks for the info.
BTW, my sister is a breeder of Shepherds, and Xylie came from her, if anyone is in the market, let me know.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Now you tell me! I'm waiting for our new puppy to become 8 weeks old so we can get it. It will be another German Shepherd and it'll be 8 weeks old on June 12th.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:58 PM

I'd would post pics of my 6 cats and 2 dogs but the site won't let me Anyone wanna post them for me?
Old 04-26-2004, 04:56 PM

Here are our three boys. First is Chester, who we adopted from a Golden Retriever rescue in March 2000. We decided to have him come live with us when I was recovering from cancer surgery and preparing to undergo chemo.

Chester was in bad shape. We believe he is 12 years old now. He is well trained and highly intelligent, but we think he was badly abused. He had a life-threatening case of heartworm disease, which was being treated by shots along his upper flanks, which were shaved. He was severely underweight, and was very intimidated by male humans. That said, he was a total love sponge; all he wanted was attention. He quickly overcame his unsureness and settled in with us. With a lot of love and TLC he has become a much-loved member of the family.

Next is Linus. Linus adopted us in November 1997 when he walked into our house one evening. He was part of a feral neighborhood cat family, and when he adopted us he was about 6 weeks old (according to the vet). He stayed in my daughter's bedroom for the first three months, and he gradually acclimated to the family.

Linus is now the most in-your-face, people-friendly cat I have ever had the pleasure to know. Strangers come in the house, and he is right there meowing to introduce himself. He prefers to spend his time in our company, usually perched on a shoulder or knee. He'll take a running leap off the couch onto a shoulder and hang on for dear life. He wakes us up with head-bumps, and he talks like a Siamese. If something ever happened to him there would be two heartbroken humans in the Windy City.

Patootie came into our lives last fall, when my oldest daughter separated from her husband and was unable to keep him, She already had another cat, and neither her nor her ex was able to keep Patootie.

Patootie is a real hoot. Touch him and his motor starts roaring loudly, and he begins drooling like the dog in Turner and Hooch. His voice is rather squeaky, he sounds like he got a swift kick in an uncomfortable place.

Linus accepted him after about 2 weeks, and Chester was so laid back about it it's as if they'd all been around for years.

Now it looks like there will be another addition to Casa Curda. Based on a couple of posts in this thread, we have made contact with 3 Maine Coon catteries in the area. We were smitten with their look and personality, and we're considering making an offer for a kitten.

Needless to say, we love our cats and dog, they are like children to us.

Quick Reply: Show us your pet!