S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us your pet!

Old 12-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Our baby "Hershey" has to get into all of my pictures when I'm advertising parts for sale on the forums, he knows when I have parts assembled on the table and he just has to get into the scene.

We rescued him when he was 6-8 weeks old and was sleeping under my truck at a hotel stop we made in NC 3 years ago, and we smuggled him north across the border 800 miles away to bring him home with us...
I'd love to see more photos. I want to see what a solid 20 lb cat looks like!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:09 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by skunkworks' timestamp='1388423685' post='22943023
As Talia ages her eyes will become better defined and more dramatic. They're nice now but you'll be better pleased once she's several months old. Zion's eyes are beautiful.
What do you mean, Gary? Are you talking about the eyeballs or the outside fur? I'm a little disappointed to see the black fading on her rear end rosettes but was told by another owner that it may be due to winter hair and they may become more defined again.
As kittens age the clarity of their lens improves and their iris becomes better defined. Many kittens have a muted eye that appears somewhat murky until maturity. look at google images of an adult Bengal -- you'll see.

gary
Old 12-30-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1388425130' post='22943056
Our baby "Hershey" has to get into all of my pictures when I'm advertising parts for sale on the forums, he knows when I have parts assembled on the table and he just has to get into the scene.

We rescued him when he was 6-8 weeks old and was sleeping under my truck at a hotel stop we made in NC 3 years ago, and we smuggled him north across the border 800 miles away to bring him home with us...
I'd love to see more photos. I want to see what a solid 20 lb cat looks like!
He is a big cat now, in a big-boned kind of way. The vet doesn't think he is overweight. He is very mild mannered, and he never fusses when he goes to the vet, he has a great personality. He is an American short haired tabby.

Here are some shots of him from past parts that I was trying to sell, lol, he has to inspect every part that I place on my kitchen table for sale pics :

Old 12-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by skunkworks
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1388429877' post='22943190
[quote name='skunkworks' timestamp='1388423685' post='22943023']
As Talia ages her eyes will become better defined and more dramatic. They're nice now but you'll be better pleased once she's several months old. Zion's eyes are beautiful.
What do you mean, Gary? Are you talking about the eyeballs or the outside fur? I'm a little disappointed to see the black fading on her rear end rosettes but was told by another owner that it may be due to winter hair and they may become more defined again.
As kittens age the clarity of their lens improves and their iris becomes better defined. Many kittens have a muted eye that appears somewhat murky until maturity. look at google images of an adult Bengal -- you'll see.

gary
[/quote]
I noticed her eyes are a little murky but didn't realize they'd change. Good to know.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[size="4"]Some newer cat photos...

^Talia, 12-8-2013. She's such a cutie!
I'm still jealous. I love those cats. When I asked my wife about one and told her what they cost, I thought she'd have a coronary.

All this from a woman who has very champagne taste in tropical fish. She's picked out the fish she wants for our aquarium, 6 - five inch, specially bred, Brilliant Turquoise discus, which are going to cost a total of $450 plus tax, and the six hours we have to spend on the road to get them home from the breeder.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Are fish really pets?

maybe your better half should just get you two and see how you do with them.....
Just thinking here, if it's six hours to get the fish to your tank.
What are you going to do to set up the urea cycle and get the tank established?

BTW Dean you would really like my well water. DH is between 1 and 2 coming off of the water softener.
and of course no chlorine. We just get the temp mix right and it's straight into the tank.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ The aquarium will be well established and planted long before the discus go in it. It's three hours each way for the trip to the breeder.
Discus do much better in schools thn in pairs. It's much better for them to bite the bullet and buy them all at the same time, so thy can establish their "pecking order", etc.. Far feer chances of fights, injury, or deaths that way.

As for the water, I I have a combination reverse osmosis - deionization unit for treating my tap water.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:35 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by dean
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1388352658' post='22942035
[size="4"]Some newer cat photos...
I'm still jealous. I love those cats. When I asked my wife about one and told her what they cost, I thought she'd have a coronary.

All this from a woman who has very champagne taste in tropical fish. She's picked out the fish she wants for our aquarium, 6 - five inch, specially bred, Brilliant Turquoise discus, which are going to cost a total of $450 plus tax, and the six hours we have to spend on the road to get them home from the breeder.
A fish breeder? Now that's one I didn't know existed. I can't wait to see photos of the new discuses.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Here is a Koi fish breeder.

and you thoughts cats were expensive.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Member (Premium)

^Yeah, more Talia photos. (1-4-2014)

So, Talia is a little fetcher. As I type she keeps bringing me a belled whisker that I made.

^Whiskers are pipe cleaners that I now add a bell to, and then curl up on my finger. My old boy, Zoro, used to love to "kill" them by straightening them out. Talia likes to fetch them and bring them back to me so I'll keep throwing it. I had to add the bell because she doesn't always see where I throw it. Zoro did. She also likes to put them in the water bowl and then pull them out.

^She heard the bells when I put them on the new toys, and jumped up on the table to steal a fresh one.

Quick Reply: Show us your pet!