S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us your pet!

Old 12-07-2013, 10:01 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^^
Damn…Talia’s personality and her size have grown significantly in just a couple of weeks. I hope that Zion is keeping pace. I’m worried about Zion’s ability to maintain his dominance in the pecking order. You go guy...Be strong!

gary
Old 12-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
^^^^^
Damn…Talia’s personality and her size have grown significantly in just a couple of weeks. I hope that Zion is keeping pace. I’m worried about Zion’s ability to maintain his dominance in the pecking order. You go guy...Be strong!

gary
Gary, I've been closely watching how the pecking order is going. I don't think the top cat has been determined yet. Zion and Talia play and chase. Zion has a mellow personality and doesn't seem to need to be assertive. Talia likes to flip on her back to play. I always thought that was being submissive, like it is with dogs, but I recently bought a book that says, with cats, it's the opposite. When a cat is on its back, it has all four paws full of claws at the ready to attack with. When Talia flips on her back, Zion seems to know better that to take her on.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Talia is 12 weeks old, now. She's decided that the front loading washing machine is a cat wheel.

What a cutie, and very smart, too, it appears. I am so envious, especially now. According to the literature I just received from my prospective transplant team, I cannot have any cats or birds in the house after a transplant. I guess I'm going to have to be happy with my dog, some fish, and some tortoises. Octopuses would be cool too, but they tend to be short lived.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Member (Premium)

At least you can keep your dog, Dean. Is the cat litter the problem?
Old 12-07-2013, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1386381867' post='22911479
Talia is 12 weeks old, now. She's decided that the front loading washing machine is a cat wheel.

What a cutie, and very smart, too, it appears. I am so envious, especially now. According to the literature I just received from my prospective transplant team, I cannot have any cats or birds in the house after a transplant. I guess I'm going to have to be happy with my dog, some fish, and some tortoises. Octopuses would be cool too, but they tend to be short lived.

I would be happy with some tortoises!
Old 12-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Kyra, beautiful Bengal cat. We had two of them years ago. Fantastic felines.

Here is our Jinger girl. She's a 4.5 year old Boxer.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by freq
Kyras, beautiful Bengal cat. We had two of them years ago. Fantastic felines.

Here is our Jinger girl. She's a 4.5 year old Boxer.
Thank you, freq. She's turning into a lap kitten. She's been sitting on my lap a lot when I'm on the computer and reverting to being a baby. She's kneading my clothes and trying to suck on them.

That's a great photo of Jinger. I love the blurred Christmas lights in the background.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Oh freq, I love, love, love that Boxer! She is gorgeous! I've been thinking a boxer may be a nice pet for me, but am concerned about the weight and energy levels. Beautiful, beautiful. Love the name, Jinger suits her.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:13 AM

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Nice pic of a great looking dog!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Thank you for the kind words ladies.

Yes Jinger is a high energy dog some days. Winters are especially difficult as Boxers don't do well in extreme temperatures. We installed an Invisible Fence and it was the best investment we made in our dog beside the "chip". During the Summer she gets visitors all day long and loves to lay in the sun.

As far as size and weight goes, I have never seen her over 50 lbs. We like to call her our "pocket boxer" she is the second smallest Boxer we have ever seen.

I must say though, when she sleeps in bed with us, she is the size of an elephant.

Quick Reply: Show us your pet!