S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us your pet!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

yes I have, Patty. She's my constant companion and follows me everywhere. I don't think I've ever had a pet that I loved more. We're well-suited to one another. She is clumsy, goofy and quite amusing. Oh, and she loves me back. Who could ask for more?
Old 07-14-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Val, if I was your other dog, I'd be jealous. You don't talk about her/him. Do you take her/him places? Maybe age is a problem? (not giving you a hard time, just curious). If your other dog has passed, I'm sorry I asked.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:53 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Morris
Val, if I was your other dog, I'd be jealous. You don't talk about her/him. Do you take her/him places? Maybe age is a problem? (not giving you a hard time, just curious). If your other dog has passed, I'm sorry I asked.
Well, BB (my other dog) decided YEARS ago that she would bond with my husband. She tolerates me because I feed her, but she is my husband's shadow. She's the only dog we've ever had that is permitted to sit on a chair with him. She loves to watch tv with daddy. She's the dominate dog and does what SHE wants to do. She is an AWFUL passenger in a car and pants and makes terrible monkey-like sounds the entire time she's riding. She IS getting old and a little crotchety, but we love BB. Because of her advanced age (she's 12) I worried about having an empty house/heart should anything happen to her and began looking for another pet. That's how Sally came along. I was a little concerned that she too would bond with my +1 and not be the pet I'd hoped would be closer to me, but my worries were in vain. Sally has been my shadow since the ride home. My husband is in awe of her interest in me and we both have zero regrets about taking in another pet. BB accepted Sally from the beginning and let Sally know her boundaries. Sally has noticed BB's territories, but does not invade her space. The two of them eat side by side and there's never a quarrel over whose dish is whose (BB will only eat on a china plate -- Sally will eat off anything). They go outside together and Sally seems protective and watches out for BB. They're funny little dogs and I love them both, but Sally is MY dog. Sally will watch BB go out with Dad, but she refuses to go out with him unless I go as well. They're really funny. The ONLY time BB wants to seek me out is if she is afraid. She's terrified of storms and she comes to me to put on her thundershirt and sits at my feet (or behind my legs) during a storm. Otherwise, she's with Dad.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Heartbreak either way for the owner; but best for the pet. It's hell dealing with aging and death, and loss...
I've often said, if the Universe were a just and caring place, our pets would outlive us. Of all the things that have transpired in my life in the past five years, losing all three of my dogs was the absolute worst. It nearly gutted me.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:51 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Val, makes sense now. Glad you each have your own devotee.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by dean
Originally Posted by S1997' timestamp='1373622320' post='22661863
Heartbreak either way for the owner; but best for the pet. It's hell dealing with aging and death, and loss...
I've often said, if the Universe were a just and caring place, our pets would outlive us. Of all the things that have transpired in my life in the past five years, losing all three of my dogs was the absolute worst. It nearly gutted me.

There was a thing floating on facebook recently that said "whoever said diamonds are a girl's best friend did not have a dog." I agree. I've lost several dogs in my lifetime and I still miss each one of them. The thought of losing either of my dogs frightens me to death and my grief would be profound. I love my dogs and would have several more if I my spouse would go along with me. However, one must choose one's battles and this is not one I choose.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
https://www.facebook.com/
Originally Posted by Morris' timestamp='1373577983' post='22660917
Sorry to read about Zorro. We all know how it is to have a pet in their final days.

He looks like a Siamese? We had one when I was a kid. We called him Cannibal, because if you got too close to him, he'd try to eat you. We didn't have him very long.
Yes, Dean, Zoro is a seal-point Siamese. He was a crazy, wild kitten and the last one in the litter. He took on Kyras, and put that German Shepherd on notice that the itty bitty kitten was the boss. He's sitting on my lap as I type, as he always does. He sleeps with his face against mine.

I will put him down when the time comes but as of now, he's just a kitty shell who wants to be on my lap. He's using the box and eating so it's not time yet.

The time has come. I'm on an earlier flight to get home from Sacramento. My next door neighbor let me know yesterday that Zoro is not eating or using the cat box. I may be euthanizing him today, if he's still alive, when I get home this afternoon. He's had a great, long life. I'll not be devastated like I was when Kyras died.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Sorry about Zoro. I was not really devastated by the loss of my dogs. They lived long and good lives and it was time for them to go.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
The time has come. I'm on an earlier flight to get home from Sacramento. My next door neighbor let me know yesterday that Zoro is not eating or using the cat box. I may be euthanizing him today, if he's still alive, when I get home this afternoon. He's had a great, long life. I'll not be devastated like I was when Kyras died.
Very sorry to hear this, Patty. If you decide you do have to euthanize him, you know you're making the right decision for him.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:53 AM

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Sorry to hear Patty. Even though Zoro lived a long good life, it's still going to be hard. I took my son's cats (2) to the vet for them when it was time. One I dropped off as I couldn't stay, the other I held. I hardly knew the kitties, but still I

Quick Reply: Show us your pet!