S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old Today, 02:38 PM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
From time to time I read how some of us think something costs too much. My wife was ordering pills for our horse which is 'out to pasture' and she can no longer ride. When I asked (I should not do that) I learned they are $1,400 a year. She didn't like my comment, a bullet is a lot less.
Do they still have glue factories these days ?
Old Today, 03:28 PM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
From time to time I read how some of us think something costs too much. My wife was ordering pills for our horse which is 'out to pasture' and she can no longer ride. When I asked (I should not do that) I learned they are $1,400 a year. She didn't like my comment, a bullet is a lot less.
I think everyone has things they think are worth spending money on and other things that just seem like a waste of $. Dave, you've been married to your horsewoman a long time, you really should know better than to ask questions about the cost of horse things.

We called the guy that did the Xpel on the car to ask if he knew how to get the spots of line paint off the Porsche. He referred us to a local detailer. Rick was saying if the guy could not get the paint off, maybe he'd just live with it. I told him, nope. He's too particular about his vehicles to live with paint spots. If necessary, we'd get the two pieces of Xpel that had the paint spots removed and replaced. Some people think cars are just transportation, and spending $ on Xpel and other car related stuff is crazy.

We brought the car to the detailer, he was able to get the paint spots off a small test area with a clay bar and some elbow grease. Rick didn't think to try clay bar. The detailer quoted a most reasonable price to remove the rest of the paint. BTW, Dave, this guy was maybe in his 40's. He and his wife have a big piece of land. Cars and horses! He had a Viper, a late model Pontiac GTO and a Chevy Camaro he races. There were at least four horses on the property and a few horse trailers $$$$$. He had a nice garage in which he does his detailing, but the FLIES from the horses were all around! OMG, we still had two in the car the next morning. I suggested Rick leave the top up and windows closed when he drops off the car for the work.