S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 05-10-2024, 04:45 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
^^It is one of those things that has been turned into taboo to talk about. I went through the same thing with a woman c.s.r. I couldn’t understand what she was saying and I very politely asked her a few times to repeat what she said and she got very nasty with me and kept raising the volume of her voice which didn’t help matters. My move is to not do business with people if I can’t communicate with.
Same here. We were frauded and made 6 calls to our banks fraud dept. Every call was answered by someone from India and all 6 calls were put on hold then disconnected. We went to our local branch and finally got it resolved. The bank manager was an asshole and not very friendly. We closed all of our accounts and found a new bank. We told our new banker what we went through and he was shocked. He told us that he is our banker and to call him and not some agent who was useless in your fraud situation. All calls to him with any issue will be answered by him or if he can’t answer right away he will contact us asap. We received a $600.00 sign on bonus, no fees since I am a veteran, 100% fraud and mortgage protection and free checks. The bank manager met with us and welcomed us to his bank. He arranged for us to meet with their financial manager next Wed to talk about their investment options. What a breath of fresh air compared to the dysfunctional bank we were banking with.
Old 05-10-2024, 06:23 AM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Beware, if it sounds too good . . .

Being a little older, I am very fortunate to have someone call and check on me every day. He is from India and is very concerned about my car warranty.

Last edited by dlq04; 05-10-2024 at 06:28 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by dlq04:
buckeyesue (05-10-2024), Kyras (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 07:02 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
How old were you?
17, So our planning was consistent with a 17 yr old i.e. Hey what are you doing for the next few days? wanna bike to the cape? we'll figure it out when we get there.
before we discovered the bucky-domes we slept under the Bourne bridge one time. That sucked. but at least we were dry.

Originally Posted by dlq04

In one day, right?
Yep, I was quite the stud back then and all basically secondary or back roads. before google maps and cell phones. rt27 to rt28 to rt6
The next day woods hole to P-town leg ( 74 miles) was tougher on tired legs.
Rt 6 has these long, long, wicked long uphill grades that just chewed up your legs. But the downhill side never seemed to help.
The return was even more fun.
I think back to how I could spend days in the saddle then and I'm dying after an hour now.
I'm positive the fact that I'm carrying almost 2x the weight has nothing to do with it.

People look back on things they did as young adults (?) some talk about hitchhiking through Europe and so forth.
I had very limited means, so for me this was what I could do on essentially a zero budget.
My Dad had died 6 months prior. Pretty benign behavior for sowing one's wild oats I guess.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:58 AM

When I was maybe 13 or 14 I used to live on a bicycle. I would hit the road and go to a town 9 or 10 miles away. I know after doing a total of 20 or so miles I was ready to call it a day. Some of the hills in PA were killers and you ended up walking the bike to reach the top. I used to do a lot of hitchhiking by myself back in those days as well; often at night on the weekend to get to evening races at a circle track that was 8 miles out of town.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:35 AM

Being a little older, I am very fortunate to have someone call and check on me every day. He is from India and is very concerned about my car warranty.
The world’s biggest scammers are from India. This new bank is very good and they have received outstanding ratings. My daughter is a senior vice President for this bank. So, no worries Dave.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:50 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

I put freezes on my credit with TransUnion, Experian and Equifax, yesterday. I got a letter from AT&T about another security breach and this one sounded serious. I don't use them for anything anymore but my data is out there.

After I did that I read a post on Facebook of a friend who just get frauded multiple times yesterday. He suspects it came from the AT&T data breach.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:52 AM

I'm fortunate; I have never done any dealings with AT&T. Just Comcast that everyone hates.
Old 05-10-2024, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
I put freezes on my credit with TransUnion, Experian and Equifax, yesterday. I got a letter from AT&T about another security breach and this one sounded serious. I don't use them for anything anymore but my data is out there.

After I did that I read a post on Facebook of a friend who just get frauded multiple times yesterday. He suspects it came from the AT&T data breach.
I put a freeze on all 3 of them too Kyra’s.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 06:04 PM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

I froze our credit on all of the agencies years ago. A freeze differs from a lock. While credit lock vs. freeze might sound different, they function similarly: A credit freeze is a free service that stops new accounts from being opened, while a credit lock is a service from the credit bureaus that lets you lock and unlock your credit faster than a freeze.

It's easy to unlock a freeze if you need to open an account.
Old 05-11-2024, 04:39 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19