S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 02-28-2023, 07:19 AM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Dave, how are you doing?
I have a question for you. Was it you who has been able to get help directly from Canon for printer support?
My Canon printer is so slow with my new modem. The modem is 2.4 and 5....it's possible the printer is going to wrong channel, so to speak. The Motorola people have been emailing me some suggestions for modem settings, but still no improvement. Think Canon could/would help?
The printer was fine with the Xfinity modem......

Last edited by Lainey; 02-28-2023 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-28-2023, 07:29 AM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Dave, how are you doing?
I have a question for you. Was it you who has been able to get help directly from Canon for printer support?
My Canon printer is so slow with my new modem. The modem is 2.4 and 5....it's possible the printer is going to wrong channel, so to speak. The Motorola people have been emailing me some suggestions for modem settings, but still not improvement. Think Canon could/would help?
The printer was fine with the Xfinity modem......
Came downstair this AM to walk around while pushing a walker. Sitting at Mac for the first time in 2 weeks; boy do I hate trying to type and get around on a iPhone while laying on my back. I'll be back in bed for the afternoon; can't over do it.

Yes, call Canon, their support is awesome.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:40 AM

Received 468 Likes on 334 Posts

^ I hope you will feel better. Resting adequately and not straining yourself is key, I imagine.
The following users liked this post:
valentine (03-01-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Came downstair this AM to walk around while pushing a walker. Sitting at Mac for the first time in 2 weeks; boy do I hate trying to type and get around on a iPhone while laying on my back. I'll be back in bed for the afternoon; can't over do it.

Yes, call Canon, their support is awesome.
Canon support was great. One of my initial thoughts was the signal strength from the modem to printer is weak. No reason for it as the modem is right near the printer, but the icon does not show good strength. Canon support had me print a few reports from the screen on the printer, and yes, the signal is too weak for the printer to print with acceptable speed.

I emailed Motorola. Not sure what they might suggest. I guess I can still return this modem and try another one....not sure the results would be any different as the signal strength to all other devices is fine.
Old 02-28-2023, 11:58 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Canon support was great. One of my initial thoughts was the signal strength from the modem to printer is weak. No reason for it as the modem is right near the printer, but the icon does not show good strength. Canon support had me print a few reports from the screen on the printer, and yes, the signal is too weak for the printer to print with acceptable speed.

I emailed Motorola. Not sure what they might suggest. I guess I can still return this modem and try another one....not sure the results would be any different as the signal strength to all other devices is fine.
I had the same problem sometime back. The modem/wifi router sat right next to the printer and the printer was terribly slow. I ended up moving the modem away from the printer to help it. My only thought was that the signal was over powering the printer......but who knows....it worked!
Old 02-28-2023, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I had the same problem sometime back. The modem/wifi router sat right next to the printer and the printer was terribly slow. I ended up moving the modem away from the printer to help it. My only thought was that the signal was over powering the printer......but who knows....it worked!
I saw that somewhere...I'll see if I can move it to the other side of the desk....
Old 03-01-2023, 05:34 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

My pixel phone uses the USB-C connector for the headphone jack as well as the charger.
The upside is it helps them make the phone waterproof which is cool.
The downside is at night in the dark when you plug in the headphones, it doesn't charge for a damn.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
My pixel phone uses the USB-C connector for the headphone jack as well as the charger.
The downside is at night in the dark when you plug in the headphones, it doesn't charge for a damn.
I have the Pixel 7 pro and the Google Pixel Buds Pro earbuds. They work great at noise cancelling and are my first earbuds. Only problem is if you drop one on a flight. I'll be using them in a few hours on my flight to socal. I charged them in the case yesterday as it connects with a USB-C connector.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:12 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Doesn’t the Pixel have magnetic charging available?
Old 03-02-2023, 06:06 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

I know the answer is simple, just don't do that.

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19